Chapter 20 (I Quit)

Hey babes!

Triple update 😊

I love how you guys thank me for every chapter, but please do give me some feedback on my writing and or this story!

Thank you ❤️

ENJOY!

Baekhyun's POV

"Baekhyun, please tell me you gave him a piece of his own mind when he said all those bad things to you." Kyungsoo said and I just sighed.

I just couldn't do it, even though I should have. I barely knew that man and he was already causing me so much pain.

"I just told him to stop... But he didn't."

"Kyun.... Why didn't you defend yourself? Why didn't you call me? I would have beat the shit out of him." Kyungsoo was so angry and I could not blame him. His face was completely red.

I was glad that Kai was at the park with Haneul, I didn't want my son to see me cry. Once again.

"It's okay... I don't think I will continue working for him. It's not good for me and my mental health."

"You better not go! I swear to God Baekhyun, if you ever go over to his house, I will personally drag you out of there." He threatened.

I sighed and nodded.

"I guess I better start looking for a new job, huh?"

"It's better that way. Though I think you need to stay home for a bit and focus on yourself and Haneul. Your health comes first."

"I have to pay the bills, Kyung. Loey paid me very well, but I was also paying with my mental health. I'm just glad that I had paid all the medical bills and my debts. Sometimes I wonder why I even went to college..."

"You still have us, you know. I know that you feel upset, but you can't change the past, babe. It's important to leave the negative things behind and focus on the present and the future. You are not alone, we will be with you with every step." I went over to him and hugged him tight, crying.

"I feel like such a failure. Why can't anything go right for once? Did I really deserve this?" He shook his head, rubbing my back.

"No. Sometimes things happen for a reason. It's just another test you have to pass. Trust me, it will get better. Have you tried getting back into music? It use to calm you down and help you relax."

That was true. It's been a while since I last sang something and maybe I really do need to find what makes me happy again. I couldn't dwell on the past too much.

"Hm, you are right. It's not like I can change what happened. I really do need to focus on me, but it's so hard when I'm this insecure little man, who tries so hard to make everybody else happy, while destroying himself in the process."

"You need to put your happiness first and take care of yourself first, before you can make others happy."

"Thank you, Kyung. I'm so happy to have you and Kai in my life."

I hugged him once again, before going to the kitchen and preparing lunch.

~

Chanyeol's POV

"Are you out of your damn mind, Chanyeol?! What the fuck goes through your thick skull!" I rolled my eyes and continued to sip out of my vodka.

"Shut up, Sehun."

"I can't believe you. I really can't. Don't be surprised if Baekhyun quits."

"He won't. He's poor."