Chapter 26 (Chanyeol's past...)

Hey babes!

It's been a while.... But I'm back now and it's my birthday! YAY! 9th of February 🥰

Update: Wattpad sent out the notifications a day after... 🥲

REMINDER: ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE! Excuse me for any mistakes 🥺

Anyway....

ENJOY!

Chanyeol's POV

"Chanyeol, is everything alright? You seem to be deep in thoughts..." Baekhyun wondered. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at his beautiful face.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Have you eaten anything?"

"Yes, I have. But you haven't." I just shook my head and sighed. I planned to go and visit my parents' grave, but I didn't want to go alone. Sehun was with Luhan, so I couldn't ask him to come with me and I couldn't possibly take Baekhyun with me.

My father would certainly be disappointed in me if he knew that I was getting weak for a certain boy and I couldn't let that happen.

I didn't really grow up with a lot of love. There was a lot of yelling every day and my father couldn't really show his emotions. My mother on the other hand was a sweetheart, but even she couldn't win against my father. He wanted to hold the power and my mother eventually gave up. I always went everywhere with my father, so to say I became like him, was an understatement. I picked up his habits and behavior which at times, wasn't easy for me. I eventually became stone cold like him. Sehun was with my mother most of the time, so he definitely had more empathy.

My father taught me to never show weakness. That feelings and emotions were for the weak.

The moment I really noticed that I was truly screwed up, was, when my mother passed away and I wasn't able to even shed a tear. Just like my father. It felt like he didn't really care.

My world came crashing down, when she passed away, yet I couldn't show it.

I wasn't allowed to show it.

"Channie? You are scaring me..." I heard that gentle voice say. And ohh, the things Baekhyun did to me.

You know when a person is nothing but kind hearted, yet they get the most shit and you don't know why, because they deserve nothing but the best? That was Baekhyun for me. And I was an asshole, because I just couldn't admit it to myself.

I wasn't allowed to admit it to myself...

In a way, I felt like I was betraying my father. It was crazy, what kind of impact he had on me.

"Everything is fine, Baekhyun. Now stop talking, please." I spit and I immediately regretted it.

Why was I like that? Why couldn't I just let myself be happy for once? He was just worried, for fucks sake.

"Oh... I'm sorry." He got up and went to the kitchen and I noticed how my heart sank.

I sighed and got up. I grabbed my jacket and walked out the door without saying anything else.

~

It was freezing cold outside and I was walking through the thick snow. I didn't even notice where I was going and after half an hour, I found myself at the cemetery.

I walked through the graves, most of them had dead flowers on them, that you could barely see because of the snow. It was clear that they hadn't been visited and cleaned in a long time, though.