Chapter 27 (Mommy?)

Hey babes!

I'm back with another chapter, wohooo 💃 things are getting there, guys, so be patient ❤️

Baekhyun's POV

The number you have dialed, is currently unavailable. Please leave a message, after the tone. Beeeeep.

"M-Mommy? It's me, Baekhyun....How are you? I-I am not asking for much, I just want to hear your voice again. Just once, please. It would mean the world to me if you picked up at least one of my calls. How are you and Dad doing? I miss you both like crazy. I am your flesh and blood, but why do you act like I am a stranger to you? It breaks my heart, mommy. I also have a b-baby, mommy. I could really use some motherly advice from you. Anyway, I don't even think you are going to listen to this voice mail. Take care, mommy. I hope to hear from you one day...." I hung up the phone and bursted into tears.

It was crazy how much I missed my parents, even though they decided to abandon me years ago. I still loved them with my whole heart and nothing could change that. I was being myself and even that was wrong to them.

I sighed and took a sip of my water, wanting to calm my nerves. I knew it was still her number, because she had too many contacts and couldn't just change her number. But she probably had my number blocked.

I laid down on my couch and closed my eyes. Chanyeol was also back to being an asshole and I was just drained. I was done with being treated like shit. I wanted to feel loved. And I didn't want to feel like a burden to anyone, but it seemed like I was.

"PwaPwa?" I looked down at my son who was awake now and pecked his chubby cheeks.

"Yes, bubba? Are you hungry, should we make something to eat?" I had cooked chicken curry with rice, so I just heated it up and gave it to him. I haven't eaten anything all day, which I probably should, but I just didn't have an appetite.

And just as I was about to get up and head into the kitchen, the doorbell rang.

Huh? No one told me they were coming over.

"Baby...."

"Chanyeol? What are you doing here?"

His eyes were bloodshot red and not going to lie, I was really worried about him, even though I was angry at him.

"I came to see my two babies." He chuckled and just then did I smell it.

The alcohol.

He was drunk.

I put Haneul on the floor and immediately grabbed Chanyeol's arm, tugging him towards the kitchen.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! You smell disgusting! And if you think I'm going to let you be drunk in front of our son, then you are out of your damn mind! Chanyeol, what the hell?" I ignored Haneul's cries for a bit, even though my heart hurt.

"Baby... Look, I'm sorry, okay? For e-everything. For treating you like shit. I-I know I'm an asshole and I deserve a good punch in the face, but I realized something.... I can't live my life like this anymore. I have a son, for fucks sake. I need to be there for him, I need to be there for you, baby." He stopped talking for a bit and wiped a tear away.

Okay, what happened to my Chanyeol all of a sudden? Why was he suddenly saying all that stuff?

"I'm not drunk, i promise. I just had a couple of beers, that's it. I needed to think over everything, that's why I went out."

"I really don't know w-what to say, Chanyeol.... You really think I can believe you just like that? You hurt me, Chanyeol. A lot. That's not something I can just forget, you know." I sighed and looked towards Haneul. He was playing with his toys.

"I know, baby. I really know that. Everything is so new for me, too. I have never- I've never had feelings for anyone. I've never felt any strong emotions or feelings. You are the first one for me, baby." I looked at him, unsure, not knowing if I should believe him.

"Actions speak louder than words, Chanyeol. Remember that."

"I know and I will prove it to the both of you if you just let me."

I believed him so many times and every time, he disappointed me.

I didn't want to get hurt again, so I didn't know if I should give him another chance....

"I really don't know what to believe anymore, Chanyeol. You've hurt me so many times and I know damn well, that I deserve to feel loved, wanted and cared for. Why are you doing this to me? What have I done to you to deserve all this? Is it because of Haneul? You don't owe anything, Chanyeol. I just want you to be there for Haneul. You don't have to force yourself to be with me. I won't force you to stay here-"

"Baby, no. I want to be there for the both of you. All these months, I didn't let myself to feel anything. I forced my feelings for you away, because I was just raised that way all my life. But you have to believe me, Baekhyun. Please. Just- Just let my actions speak. I'm begging you, please." He had his hands on my waist by now and I felt myself become weak again.

I was so deeply in love with him, that it hurt.

"My heart can't take it anymore... I don't want to trust you, only to get hurt again. We have a baby, Chanyeol. It's not something to take lightly or as a joke. He is my number one priority and he should be yours, too. If you hurt me, you hurt him. Haneul might only be one year old, but he is so damn smart. He notices everything."

"I know that, Baekhyun. I really do. And I promise I will do everything in my power to protect you both."

I hope it wasn't all talk...

"What about this morning? You told me to be quiet and just left without even saying anything. What did I do to you? Why can't you just treat me like a human being?"

"I know I fucked up big time, okay. But I want to change. I want to gain your love, baby and I really mean it this time. I promise you. I know what I did was wrong and I'm really sorry about that. Please, baby."

"I- Fine. You only get one chance, Chanyeol and if you fuck up again it's your fault."

"Thank you so much, baby. How about we go on a date tomorrow? Just you and me, no one else. I'll ask Sehun and Luhan to take Haneul." I looked at him and right then, Haneul crawled towards us.

"PwaPwa, DaDa!"

That must have been a sign.

"Alright."

I took Haneul into my arms, only to feel Chanyeol's arms wrap around us, causing Haneul to giggle histerically.

What a dream.

.........................

Short, but cute chapter 🙂

Please let me know your thoughts and If I get many comments, I will update faster ;)

Thank you for reading! ❣️