Chapter 18 (Stay Away From Him)

Hey babes!

I'm finally back with another chapter!

ENJOY!

Baekhyun's POV

I sighed and looked down at Haneul, who was sleeping away in my arms. It's been a month since I last kissed... Loey. A month passed, since I made it clear to him that I didn't want to continue whatever it was between us. He went back to treating me coldly at work and I actually didn't mind.

I was used to it.

He acted like nothing had ever happened between us, like he didn't even know me. I was just his stupid employee.

And I was okay with that.

But I couldn't deny my feelings for him. They were small, but they were still there.

I got up and placed Haneul in his own bed, before getting ready for bed. I was feeling down again and I hated it.

I couldn't deny the fact that I was feeling happy with him after a long time. He was the best distraction, but knowing him and his view on love, hindered me from letting him get closer to me.

It's not like he felt anything for me.

He made fun of love, saying it was overrated anyway.

It was crazy how different we both were from each other, yet so alike in many ways.

My heart hurt when I thought of him. But why? I was supposed to feel butterflies! I mean, I did, but knowing he didn't feel anything for me more than lust, made my heart ache. And I missed him so much and so did Haneul. He kept asking for DaDa and I couldn't help but let out a few tears.

Why was my life so complicated? I was a good person! I never wished bad upon anyone, not even my family who abandoned me. Could I even call them my family....? I guess not.

I sighed and got up, heading towards my tiny kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee, even though I knew that I wasn't able to go to sleep after that. I had no reason to feel this miserable over somebody. I had Haneul and my two best friends, that's all I needed to be happy.

I guess I was craving that love, that made my heart burst with butterflies every time I thought of them. That love, that involved a lot of passionate kisses and naked cuddles. That love, that involved a lot of love making every night.

Ugh, screw him.

Was this really what heartbreak felt like? I felt miserable.

Thank God I got ripped out of my thoughts when the bell rang.

It was Sehun. Huh?

"Sehun, hey."

"Hey, Baek. You look confused." He laughed and I looked away sheepishly. I hope he didn't feel like I didn't want to see him here.

"Hey, Sehun. I kinda am, I didn't expect for you to visit me."

"Why, aren't we friends?"

"We are, it's just-never mind." I said, sighing.

I don't think he knew that his brother and I use to fool around. Even if it was only for a short period of time.

I invited him in and brought him something to drink.

"You are probably wondering why I am here, aren't you?"

"Uhm, I don't wanna be rude, but yes. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you came, because I was feeling lonely, but-"