Chapter 23 (Hopeful)

Hey babes!

I'm back with another chapter!

REMINDER: English is not my first language, I'm sorry for any mistakes.

ENJOY! 💕

Baekhyun's POV

"Hyunee, are you sure you are alright? You know you can always talk to us..."

"I'm... I'm okay, really." I tried to convince them and myself.

"Who are you trying to fool?" Yeah, who was I trying to fool at this point? My best friends could see right through me. They knew that there was something wrong with me.

"Guys, please. You know this isn't easy for me as well. I'm trying to stay strong here for Haneul, but I don't think it's working. My thoughts are all over the place."

Loey-Chanyeol, had been so sweet lately. He came over a lot to spend time with Haneul and I really saw how caring he was towards his son. I stopped working for him, of course and I went back to my old shitty job, which I definitely wasn't happy about. Chanyeol send me a lot of money, but I send it back and changed my bank account number, so he wouldn't be able to give me money at all.

I didn't want his money.

I only wanted him to take his role as a father seriously, because Haneul needed him. I don't complain when he buys Haneul stuff, because he is his son after all, but I refused to take any money from him. I didn't want to depend on him. He tried to persuade me to take his money, but of course I didn't.

My feelings for him were getting stronger and stronger, which didn't help at all, but I was trying to ignore him as much as possible. He still got angry sometimes, so I didn't want to risk anything. He had to prove it to me or else I won't ever let him get close to me.

I hoped that he really was going to change.

I hoped that we would be able to start over one day and get to know each other better.

I hoped that he learned from his mistakes.

I hoped that he would get over his ego and start becoming a man with feelings and emotions.

He needed to learn that it was okay to feel, okay to be happy. He needed to stop drowning himself in work and his own misery. And most of all, he needed to realize all that.

There were nights, where I dreamed about being in his arms, kissing him all night long.

There were nights, where I dreamed about making love with him all night long.

There were nights, where I dreamed about having a family with him.

I might have been thinking too much into it, but I couldn't deny that I fell for Park Chanyeol. Hard.

I got ripped out of my thoughts, when my phone rang. The boys were long gone by now and it was just my baby and I.

"Chanyeol?" Haneul looked at me with his wide eyes, once I mentioned his daddy.

"Baek, Hey."

"What's up?" I was feeling pretty awkward, not gonna lie.

"Oh, nothing. Just had a meeting and missed hearing your voice."

"Oh..." I missed him so much and wanted nothing more than to be with him right now.

"How are you, pretty? How is my mini me?"

"We are good, thank you for asking. He kept calling for his DaDa..."

"DaDa! Mwah!" Haneul's habit of sending Chanyeol kisses had me dying of his cuteness.

"Hello, angel. DaDa loves you. Can I...?" He stopped talking.

"Can you what?"

"Nevermind, it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Chanyeol, no secrets, remember? So, what did you want to say?"

"I wanted to come over and see you both, that's all. I wanted to eat dinner with my two babies." I blushed at his words and I really wanted to hold my ground, but I found myself starting to melt.

"Then, why don't you?"

"I'm still at work."

"Of course you are." He loved his work more than anything in his life, it seemed and I couldn't hide my disappointment when I heard him. It was past his working hours, too, so he would definitely be able to come, yet he chose not to.

"Baby... Don't be sad. I still have to work. I'll come once I'm done."

He was done, that's the thing. But who was I to complain? We weren't a thing, I had to remind myself.

"It's okay, Chanyeol. Don't worry about it, please. I have to go and get Haneul to bed. It's getting late."

It was only 6PM, but I still needed an excuse.

"Alright, give my angel a kiss for me."

I said my goodbye and hang up.

I was upset once again, because I really wanted to see him, but his work seemed to be more important to him. I sighed and stopped thinking about it, or at least tried to.

"PwaPwa, DaDa come?" I leaned and kissed his chubby cheeks.

"He is gonna come soon, okay, baby?"

I watched as his Bambi eyes filled with tears and my heart broke. I hated seeing him like that and raising him the past few months was so hard, especially knowing his wanted another parent in his life.

"DaDa hug..."

"You want DaDa's cuddles, don't you?" I swayed him back and forth so he would stop crying.

He just wouldn't stop crying and for a minute I thought about calling Chanyeol, but I decided not to. If he really wanted us to be in his life, he would be on his way right now. But he wasn't.

I continued to cuddle him, until he got tired. I heard my phone buzz, so I grabbed it and saw that I had a message from Chanyeol.

Hey baby,

Can you open the door for me, please? I didn't want to wake Haneul up by ringing the doorbell, in case he was asleep.

I couldn't believe it. He actually left his work and came to see us. Who would have thought? I was more than happy about it.

"DaDa!"

"Hey, Bubba." He picked Haneul up and peppered his face with kisses.

"Hey my other baby." He walked over to me and kissed my cheek, causing me to blush.

I had sworn not to let him get close to me first, but I couldn't help it. That's what happens when you are head over heels in love.

"Hey..."

"Alright. So, what do we wanna have for dinner?"

...........................

Short fluffy chapter 💕

Hope you still enjoyed it!

SPOILER: ChanBaek will have a sleepover.... 😉

Let me know your thoughts, please!

Until next time,

Lina ❤️