Chapter 5 (New Job)

Hey babes!

I'm back with another chapter!

ENJOY!

Baekhyun's POV

By now, Haneul was awake too, listening to Sehun and I talking. He was staring at Sehun with his big, round eyes, obviously not knowing who he was.

Sehun was so kind, oh my gosh. I expected him to be rather spoiled and arrogant, but he was far from it. He actually offered to feed Haneul his bottle, but Haneul was at that age, where he could hold his milk bottle on his own.

"What's this cutie's name again?"

"His name is Haneul." I looked down at my baby, fondly.

"It means heaven!" He realized, to which I nodded.

"You are a single parent, right?" I could tell that Sehun was being respectful and as my future boss, I guess he needed to know some private/background information. It didn't make me uncomfortable anymore, because I was actually proud of myself for being able to birth children.

I realized that while I was pregnant with Haneul. Giving birth to him was the most amazing and magical moment in my life. Even if it hurt like a bitch, the pain was worth it.

"Uhm, yeah. I am...." I mumbled out.

"Don't worry, Baekhyun. Kai told me that." I took a deep breath. Thank God he was understanding.

"And, you don't find it weird?"

"Weird? No! That's amazing! You are lucky, Baekhyun." I nodded. I really was.

"I know. He is the greatest gift." I pecked Haneul's cheek.

"You know what, Baekhyun. I have a really good feeling about you. I would be happy to hire you, if you still want to work for, well, my brother." He looked away, sheepishly.

"I'm curious, why didn't your brother come? I would love to meet him." I said.

Usually, the boss was supposed to hold the interview with his new employees. But in this case, it was Sehun. His brother.

So that was kinda weird....

"Uh, well... He wanted to, but he got called into a conference meeting all of a sudden. You will get to meet him tomorrow."

Okay, good. But, I somehow had a bad feeling about it.

"Do you want me to tell you the details or do you want to hear it from him, tomorrow?"

"Can you at least tell me when I will be working? I need to know so I can start planning with Haneul. Kai and his boyfriend help me take care of him, while I work."

"Yes, of course. You can adjust your schedule. I would be happy if you worked every second day, but of course, it depends on you. You can work every day, if you want to earn more money. But if you worked every day, it would include cooking. And if you only worked every other day, you would only have to do house chores, such as cleaning or going groceries shopping. He has a big house, so it involves a lot of cleaning."

Hm, that made sense. How come he didn't hire anyone before? Everything sounded a bit off to me... But I had to do it. I needed the money, after all.

"And you will be working from either 9am to 5pm, like your boss, or 2pm until 10pm. It's up to you." He added and I definitely needed to think about it. If the pay really was good, then I would be able to afford day care for Haneul! I wouldn't have to ask Kai and Kyungsoo all the time. I'm sure they needed some privacy.

"Can I tell you tomorrow? I have to go through everything with Kai and Kyungsoo."

"Of course. You will be earning 200 dollars, every day. You can decide if you want to be paid daily, or monthly. Your monthly salary would be 6.000 dollars." I looked at him, shocked.

6000 dollars for going groceries shopping and cleaning every other day? Sign me up! I would definitely be able to afford day care now.

"Can I tell you my working hours tomorrow? I need to think over my plans."

He nodded, understandingly and then handed me the contact to sign. I went through everything, to make sure that I didn't receive any wrong informations and then signed it.

I finally had a new job! And a good paying one, too!

"Thank you so much, Sehun. You don't know how much easier you just have made my life. I don't have to struggle that much now!" I really wanted to cry, but I held my tears back. After all, I didn't want to embarrass myself.

I didn't have to pinch pennies anymore! I would finally be able to even buy myself some nice things once in a while. And of course for my baby.

"Thank you, Baekhyun. I feel like I can count on you. Kai and I have been good friends for many years and he even mentioned you sometimes. And I knew he would not introduce me to any bad people. So I definitely had a good feeling about you since the beginning."

"Phew, I'm so glad to hear that. I badly needed a new job. I had kept my old job, because no one else wanted to hire me, because of my odd working hours." He nodded and smiled.

"By the way, this might seem weird to you. But please, don't take anything the wrong way, if my brothers says something mean or wrong. He can be quite frustrating sometimes, but please do not take it to heart. That's just who he is. But you won't even cross him a lot, he will be in his office all day usually." I nodded.

I could do that. I hoped so, at least. I wasn't someone who liked to be yelled at, so hopefully it wouldn't be that bad. It couldn't be that bad, right?

"What's his name, by the way?" I asked, feeling curious.

"Uh, well. His name is.... Loey. Park Loey."

Loey? Never heard that kinda name before....

............................

Chanyeol, is that you??? 👀👀👀

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

Please let me know if you liked this chapter by voting and commenting!

Annyeong! 💞