The Refreshing Battle in Karuizawa!

Spending the summer in Karuizawa didn't seem like a horrible idea to the Fujioka twins. Haruhi was enjoying the peace and quiet away from the host club while Yuki was using the time away to really think about things. Of course both girls had to work during their vacation but neither of them were bothered by it. During their free time they could do whatever they liked in the beautiful location.

It was their third day there, third day in to summer vacation as well. Haruhi was currently out in the yard hanging up the laundry to dry while Yuki was in the kitchen making baked goods for the bed and breakfast. Yuki was wearing a cute light pink sundress that was tight around her bust with a flowing skirt that went down to right above her knees. She was also wearing an apron and bandana that were the same as the ones Haruhi was wearing. Although Haruhi was more forced to wear it while Yuki happily put them on.

Yuki was absentmindedly dancing around the kitchen as she was baking some pasties. A soft humming escaped her lips as she went. However the kitchen door opening and an annoyed Haruhi walking in made Yuki come to a stop.

"Haruhi what's wrong?" Yuki asked walking over to her. However Haruhi just grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the kitchen and into the dining area. "Haruhi what on earth are you..." Yuki tried to pull away from her sister only to pause when her eyes landed on the host club. She blinked a few times at the sight of them. Although she wasn't exactly surprised to see them, she was surprised to see all of them. Yuki had told Kyoya what the twins plans were this summer but she kept the plans quiet to everyone else because she knew Haruhi wanted to spend time without the host club. Tamaki must have annoyed Kyoya so much that he told the others. "Hey you guys!" Yuki smiled brightly at all of them.

"Yu-chan!" Honey was the first to react and jumped at Yuki for a hug. She giggled gaving the small male a hug before setting him back down.

"These hunks must belong to Haruhi and Yuki!" Yuki let out a soft sigh as Misuzu-chi walked over. He was as flamboyant as her father. "Why don't you call me Misuzu-chi!"

"He's an old friend of Ranka's. They used to work together at the same shop years ago." Kyoya spoke up making Yuki cover her mouth to stop herself from giggling. Of course he would know that.

"Well, naturally you would know." Tamaki said glaring ar Kyoya.

"Kill me" Haruhi mumbled.

"It's not that bad.." Yuki whispered to Haruhi.

"I went into business for myself two years ago and believe you me running this adorable little pension is like living in a fairytale!" Misuzu spoke happily as he spun in a circle.

"So then, is Haru-chan and Yu-chan like your indentured servants?" Honey asked.

"They are more like unpaid employees. This also happens to be Ranka's preferred method of keeping track of his daughters while he's working." Kyoya explained. Tamaki seemed annoyed by how he knew all of this information. It seems that Tamaki had already forgotten that Kyoya likes to talk to Ranka from time to time.

"Take my little girls under your wing, he says. He practically begged me. And since I still can't afford the expense of hired help, it works out for everyone. They're model employees, really. It's such a shame I can't pay them anything." Misuzu spoke while shaking Haruhi around. Yuki had managed to side step out of his reach and had taken a spot next to Kyoya. "Oh! Tell me what you think of this cute little apron she's wearing. I made it myself!"

"You are quite an exquisite seamstress!" Tamaki said while the host club, besides Kyoya, held a thumbs up for the apron.

Soon enough the host club went outside to talk. All of them besides Yuki as she had to finish her baking before she either burnt something or something went wrong. Although she was pretty sure she wasn't missing much with the host club. They were probably all asking Haruhi why they picked here instead of choosing one of their many invites. Then Haruhi asking them to leave but Yuki knew better then to think that was going to happen.

By the time Yuki was finished with her baking, Misuzu allowed her to take the rest of the day off. Which she was excited about. She walked out of the kitchen after taking off the apron and bandana. Her eyes traveled the room until piano music filled her ears. Yuki walked into the main room that held the piano and noticed Tamaki sitting at it. A smile came to her lips as she listened to the sweet music playing.

"Are you finally finished with your work?" Kyoya's voice surprised her quite a bit. She turned to see Kyoya sitting at a table. Yuki sat down across from him.

"Yeah I am sorry if I missed anything. Why is Tamaki playing the piano?" Yuki asked leaning on her palms.

"In order to be refreshing." Kyoya spoke leaning forward in his chair. He leaned on his hand and looked at her closely. Yuki looked slightly confused for a few moments until she remembered Misuzu talk about why people choose to vacation in Karuizawa. Something about everything being refreshing. However that still didn't explain why Tamaki was trying to be refreshing. "There is only one room left here."

"Oh!" Yuki instantly realized what was happening. The host club must have been battling to see who would get the room. Although it wasn't really hard to assume who was going to win. "Well its a good attempt but we both know that he doesn't exactly fit her idea of refreshing." Yuki hummed softly as she turned her head to look at Tamaki again. "He is very princely in appearance and when he isn't flustered he could be in the running. However because its to be close to Haruhi we both know he will be trying to hard. Honey is clearly out as well as Mori." Yuki leaned back in her seat and turned to look at Kyoya who was looking at her very closely. A blush came to her cheeks as she turned away. "You probably wouldn't want to stay here so I'm assuming you didn't even try. So it leaves the twins as the winners of the room. Although the one twin bed will probably be a bit uncomfortable for the twin of them." Yuki said looking back at Kyoya who looked impressed.

"I came up with the same conclusion. Although I think this would give Tamaki the edge don't you think?" Kyoya asked.

"It's beautiful music" Yuki nodded as she agreed with Kyoya. "But the twin always seemed to have a plan up their sleeves don't they?"

And Yuki had been right. After pulling off some brotherly love scene, the twins had won the contest the host club was doing and got to use the single room that had been open. Only surprising Tamaki, who looked clearly upset about losing to the devilish twins. Yuki felt slightly bad about it at first but once Kyoya told her that they all had houses in the area, that went away.

The next morning Yuki spent a lot of time in the kitchen with Tamaki and Misuzu. Although Yuki was in the kitchen baking instead of cooking like the males in the room. When Yuki finally left the kitchen she saw Tamaki in an emo corner and the twins and Haruhi standing around a table.

"What did you do to him?" Yuki asked the twins as she walked over. However neither of them got a chance to answer when the door opened and a boy walked in carrying a box of vegetables. Misuzu walked over to him.

"Good morning to you. Working boy, eh? A high schooler?" Misuzu asked.

"Yes ma'am. I'm helping out at my uncle's shop for the summer." The boy spoke catching Haruhi's and Yuki's attention rather quickly. The sound of his voice was familiar to the both of them. The twins shared a look, one pleasantly surprised and the other clearly uncomfortable.

"How refreshing!!" Misuzu shouted. "Haruhi, would you put these in the refrigerator for me?"

"Okay." Haruhi walked over to the two of them. The hat the boy was wearing fell off and onto the floor allowing the Fujioka twins to finally confirm who it was.

"Haruhi Fujioka?" Arai asked surprised to see her again.

"Hey, Arai.." Haruhi smiled.