The 'Why Not Both' Ending

((Author note: This chapter was done just purely out of my own amusement. It's a test to see if I can pull of writing a polyamorous couple. I am not polyamorous so if I got something wrong I am so sorry. Also if you aren't okay with the idea of polyamory then just don't read. But my page has always been and always will be a safe space for the LGBTQ+ community. If you choose to read ahead, enjoy!))

The sound of heels clicking against the fancy flooring of a Ouran corridor echoed the silent school. A soft nervous sigh left Yuki's lips as she got closer and closer to the club room. The chaotic festival had finally came to an end and anyone that was still on campus as outside. However Yuki knew for a fact at least one person was waiting for her in the club room. It was finally time to find out who had written the note that had been rattling her brain since her birthday.

Coming to a stop in front of the white double doors of the music room, Yuki bit her lip nervously. Her boy problems had taken up a large chuck of her brain storage for the last few months. Whoever was waiting for her behind the door, was going to be her choice. Getting the note told her that whoever it was wanted to be with her. The other male would become just a friend.

The idea of not coming at all did cross her mind. If only for a moment. Yuki didn't want to be one of those girls that depending on boys, that needed a boy. So the idea of forgetting her boy problems until at least next year did sound appealing. However the temptation of learning who had written the letter out weighed the feminist slightly gay part of her brain.

With one final sigh Yuki pushed open the door and walked inside. Her eyes scanned the darkened room for a moment until she saw someone standing by one of the windows. Despite it being dark in the room it only took Yuki a few steps forward until she realized who it was.

"Huh?!"

•••

What she thought was only one person, was actually two people standing near the window. As Yuki got closer and standing in a different spot, Yuki noticed that it was both Kyoya and Kaoru. She blinked a few times and an instant panic washed over her. Were they about to make her choose who she wanted? In front of the other? The idea of hurting either of the two guys in front of her feelings was horrifying and she would much rather choose neither of them if they were going to make her do that. The whole reason why she came here tonight was to get an easy answer for her dilemma. Yuki selfishly had feelings for both of them.

"What's going on..?" Yuki asked after a moment of silence. She looked between the two males in front of her. "Which one of you gave me the letter..?"

"I did originally." Kaoru said with a slightly annoyed look on his face. He glanced at Kyoya before giving his full attention back to Yuki. "But things have changed a bit."

"Changed how..?" Yuki asked carefully. Was she about to get her heart broken? Oh what a cruel twist of fate.

"We have a proposition for you." Kyoya spoke up while pushing up his glasses. "We would like you to date both of us."

Yuki opened her mouth before closing it. The movement continued about four or five times as she just looked at the boys flabbergasted. Did she even hear that right? She couldn't have. Neither of the boys would ever give her the polyamorous vibes. Expecially with how the two of them grew up. While she stood there in shock both of the guys shared a look, knowing that she would probably be the response they had gotten from her.

"We are both attractive to you and you are attracted to the both of us. You click with us in two very different ways." Kyoya spoke in his normal monotoned voice, as if he was just stating a fact. "When I learned about Kaoru leaving a confession for you, I realized that I had been neglecting you. I was going to give up and let Kaoru have you. Knowing you deserved better." His voice got soft, as he let true emotions shine through. Though it was very minimal but Yuki and Kaoru could both hear it in his voice and see it on his face. "I confronted Kaoru to tell him that I would back off but I couldn't find the words."