Kaoru Ending

The sound of heels clicking against the fancy flooring of a Ouran corridor echoed the silent school. A soft nervous sigh left Yuki's lips as she got closer and closer to the club room. The chaotic festival had finally came to an end and anyone that was still on campus as outside. However Yuki knew for a fact at least one person was waiting for her in the club room. It was finally time to find out who had written the note that had been rattling her brain since her birthday.

Coming to a stop in front of the white double doors of the music room, Yuki bit her lip nervously. Her boy problems had taken up a large chuck of her brain storage for the last few months. Whoever was waiting for her behind the door, was going to be her choice. Getting the note told her that whoever it was wanted to be with her. The other male would become just a friend.

The idea of not coming at all did cross her mind. If only for a moment. Yuki didn't want to be one of those girls that depending on boys, that needed a boy. So the idea of forgetting her boy problems until at least next year did sound appealing. However the temptation of learning who had written the letter out weighed the feminist slightly gay part of her brain.

With one final sigh Yuki pushed open the door and walked inside. Her eyes scanned the darkened room for a moment until she saw someone standing by one of the windows. Despite it being dark in the room it only took Yuki a few steps forward until she realized who it was.

Kaoru

A large smile made it's way to her face without even her realizing it. Yuki walked closer and came to a stop only a few feet to the side of Kaoru. The ginger male was looking at the window with a nervous look on his face. He turned to Yuki as she came to a stop next to him and his eyes widened in surprise at the large smile she was wearing. He was half expecting either a look of surprise or a look of disappointment. But she was smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" Kaoru asked as a smile of his own started growing on his lips.

"Oh I'm smiling?" Yuki blushed as she looked down for a moment, biting her bottom lips. "I guess I'm just happy?" She said looking up at him again.

"Your not surprised?" Kaoru asked confused. He thought he hid his feelings pretty well.

"Well it was pretty easy to narrow things down." She said before rambling on about how she narrowed it down. "Which really only left you and Kyoya.."

"And you aren't sad that it wasn't Kyoya's letter?" Kaoru watched her face closely. Maybe she was just trying to be nice. They were best friends after all. Maybe she was smiling so hard because she was feeling so awkward..

"If I'm being honest.." Yuki let out a sigh as she turned and sat on the nearest window sill. Which happened to be right on front of Kaoru. She smoothed down the dress she was still wearing from the event. "I did have feelings for Kyoya. I learned a very different side of him when we spent time together alone. But then I started getting feelings for you as well." Yuki spoke gently as she looked up from her dress to meet Kaoru's eyes. "The kindness and friendship you and Hikaru showed me almost instantly was very precious to me. I think at first that was why I didn't really put it together. I was enjoying being your guys friend and spending time with you both. I don't even know what it was that shifted my view on you. It was just suddenly I was looking at you in a different light and I was really confused." She let out a soft laugh as she leaned her back against the window.

"It was kind of the same for me too." Kaoru said as he sat down besides Yuki. He turned his body a bit to face her and Yuki turned as well to face him. The fabric of her dress and his pants brushed together as they moved one of their legs up onto the window sill. "But I remember the moment I started seeing you differently."