Money Rejection

Just as planned the next morning Yuki and Haruhi went to the bank before school. However it did end up taking a bit more time then either of them expected and they ended up making it to school late. Haruhi ended up talking Yuki into keeping 100,000 yen of the million. It was a little less then half of what she had gotten paid for the photo shoot with the Hitachiin fashion line. Which was more then she thought she should have been getting paid but Haruhi made a good point of using the money to save for college.

By the time it was time for the host club, Yuki could feel the check burning in her backpack. She just wanted to get this check to Kyoya and move on from this. Especially with the festival coming up.

"Yuki you need to wear your maid uniform today!" Tamaki called out as soon as the Fujioka twins walked through the door.

"Okay!" Yuki held a thumbs up in his direction. Her eyes scanned the room until they landed on Kyoya. Like always he was sitting at his table, typing away on his laptop. "Kyoya!" She made a b-line towards the second year. Kyoya's fingers stopped moving as he took his eyes off his screen and looked to the brunette first year. By the time he turned to look at her, Yuki was already holding the check out for him to take. "Please accept this!"

All of the noise in the club room stopped as everyone turned to see the interaction. None of them were actually close enough to see what Yuki was holding out for Kyoya. Expect for the fact that it looked to be a piece of paper.

"Is Yuki confessing to Kyoya?!" Tamaki gasped from his spot next to Haruhi.

"No way!" Hikaru denied as he sent a look to his twin.

"She's not." Haruhi said simply before leaving them and walking into the back room.

"What is this?" Kyoya reached for the paper. He had seen enough checks in his live to actually know what it was but he didn't understand why she was giving him one. His first thought would have been that she was trying to give his father's check back to him. Except the fact that this check was pink instead of his father's white one. "900,000 yen.." Kyoya read out loud as he looked down to the check. He looked back up to her with a raised eyebrow. "This is the money you earned from the event. I told you I am not giving it back to my father." He said trying to hand the check back to her.

"Oh I know" Yuki nodded her head before pushing the check back to him. "It's the money I earned so I can do what I want with it yes?"

"..yes..?" Kyoya said in an unsure tone. He looked back at the check to see if he was missing something. The check was made out to him and in the memo line it just said 'Host Club'.

"Well I am choosing to use almost all of it to pay towards the debt that Haruhi has." Yuki said as she looked at Kyoya. In the background Yuki could hear the laughter of the twins and the cries coming from Tamaki but she kept her eyes locked on Kyoya. "I kept what I thought was more then an appropriate amount of money to get paid for that job and I'm using the rest of it to help pay off my sister's debt." She repeated herself as Kyoya just watched her for a long moment.

"Hm." Kyoya hummed as he stood up from his seat and turned to face her fully. Yuki took a step back and tilted her head back to look up at him. A small smirk came to his lips as he pulled out his black book and flipped it open. Kyoya wrote something down before slipping the check between the pages and snapped the book closed. "Well played Yuki"

"I wasn't going to go down without a fight." Yuki grinned proudly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to change into my maid uniform" and with that, Yuki turned and made her way to the back room.

Just like she had thought, giving the money to Kyoya took a large amount of pressure off of her chest. A lot of people probably would think she is crazy to give the money back. A million yen was a lot of money and she probably could have given it to her dad for bills or just kept it for the future. However something felt dirty about keeping the money. If Kyoya wouldn't have taken it then Yuki probably would have made a donation to the nearest animal shelter.

"Yuki come on! The doors about to open!" Tamaki yelled into the backroom.

"Coming!"

((Author note: Hey everyone! Today's chapter is just meant to be a small filler chapter. The next two chapters will be following the anime and will take be a bit longer then normal to get out. So I wanted to post this one before you guys have to wait. On another note, the book is almost over! Only four more chapters left and I already finished the last two. So I just need to write the two chapters that follow the anime and then I'll be posting the end of the book. Hope you all have a good day!))