CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

COVEN'S DOOM

"Josie, you have to calm down. I'm sure it's nothing serious." Jacob said nonchalantly as he kept his eyes on the road, driving his family to the hospital.

"How can you say that? You don't seem bothered." Josie fired.

"Of course i am, okay? This isn't the time to panic. He's gonna be fine okay? I'm sure he just got himself all drunk and crashed on a wall or something." Jacob said as Alexa shot him a disgusting look.

"Jacob you're so unbelievable right now! You disgust me! He's your son for goodness sake!" Josie fired.

"He stormed off the house looking worried. There was something definitely wrong with him, but you'll never see it!" Josie barked as Jacob kept mute without responding to her outburst. He drove into the hospital and pulled the car to halt as Josie and Alexa rushed out before he could turn off the car engine.

"I'm here to see a patient, Scott-Scott Griffith." Josie stuttered as she spoke to the nurse at the reception.
"He-He was rushed in tonight." She added.

"Scott Griffith.." The nurse repeated as she searched through the computer screen for information about Scott.

"He's at the ICU. Please follow me." She said and led them to the ICU where Scott was admitted.

"I'm sorry ma'am, you can't go in." A doctor obstructed them from getting into the ICU.

"Why? That's my son right there!" Josie yelled and pointed at the glass wall of the ICU.

"Why is he covered?" She asked as tears began to form in her eyes.

"I'm sorry ma'am. He suffered a third degree burn. We did all we could to save him." The Doctor announced.

"That's not true! Get the fuck out of my way!" Josie yelled and pushed the doctor aside as she burst into the icu and ripped off the covering on Scott's body.

"Mom!!!" Alexa called out and ran after her as Jacob followed behind.

"Oh my God!" Alexa muttered as she buried her mouth in her palm in shock. Scott's fully burnt lifeless body laid bare right in front of them.

"Josie.." Jacob muttered as he attempt to console his wife. Josie took a few steps backward and collapsed to the ground.

"Josie!!" Jacob yelled her name and rushed to her as the doctor rushed in to her aid.

**********

Dominic suddenly pulled away from Rose's embrace.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"No, I don't think so. We need to leave now!" Dominic said and cleaned up the tear drops on his face. He stood up and rushed into his Chambers as Rose followed behind throwing all sort of questions.

"Dominic, what is going on? Did you see something?" Rose asked.

"I have a feeling something isn't right. We need to leave now. Go inform Mr Morgan, I'll inform June now." Dominic said as Rose nodded and ran off to Mr Morgan while Dominic left his Chambers for June's.

Dominic barged into June's room without a knock.

"Hey-" he greeted as he startled Alex and June who were both cuddling up together.

"I'm sorry." He apologized quickly.

"No uhm it's fine." June said shyly, she felt embarrassed Dominic caught up with her in such a position with Alex.