CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

BRAN THE BROKEN

Clinton Mansion, Grenville, Tennessee.

Alex sat in the dinning room alongside his father, Mayor Clinton, his stepmother Lillian and his baby stepsister Isabella. Isabella sat comfortably on Lillian's laps as she was spoon fed her portion of the meal for dinner.

The room was in complete silence, the Clinton's weren't much talkers and most especially with Lillian around, Alex would never say a word to her or his father.

The doors to the dining room creak as they open, a steward in white sleeve and a black waistcoat walked into the dinning room holding a plate. The content in the plate wasn't visible to Alex yet as it was covered.

"Your request sir." The steward said to Mayor Clinton.

"No, its Lillian's." Mayor Clinton said gesturing his hand to Lillian's position on the table.

"I'm sorry sir." The steward apologised and took the plate to Lillian. He opened the cover to reveal a fried spicy chicken. Alex furrowed his eyebrows wondering why Lillian needed an extra chicken. The dinning table was filled with all sorts of meats they could never finish within themselves but yet Lillian needed something extra.

"Excuse me ma'am." The steward said and made his way out of the dinning room.

"I'm leaving as well." Alex said and cleaned up his mouth and took his stand.

"Sit! Mayor Clinton ordered.

"I'm full. I had a long day, I need to rest and i can't do that here." Alex responded.

"Alex honey, you really need to eat more." Lillian said spoonfeeding Isabella.

"Yes Alex!" Isabella chirped in with a mouthful.

"No! I said I'm full and mind your fucking business." Alex snapped.

"Alexander, show some respect to your mother!" Mayor Clinton Growled.

"Mother??" Alex scoffed.
"You're a joke dad." He said and stormed out of the dinning room. Mayor Clinton watched his son storm out of the dinning room. Ever since he married Lillian, he has never had a father and son relationship with Alex. He couldn't figure out what made Alex despise Lillian so much, could it be the age gap between them and Lillian acting like a gold digger? Lillian was in her late twenties and Mayor Clinton was well above fifty years. Perhaps this was what Alex hated about his father and his stepmother.

Alex stormed into his bedroom and sat on a sofa opposite to his bed, he picked up his cellphone from a stool nearby and pulled up the antenna. He punched in June's digits but didn't get a response.

"Why isn't she answering?" He asked himself. He punched in another digits and it rang for a while before it finally got picked.

"Hey Rose." he greeted.

"Hi Alex." Rose muttered.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"No I'm not."

"What happened? I called June and she wasn't picking up.. Is everything alright?" He asked feeling nervous.

"June got abducted and we fear she may have been shot."

"What!?" Alex exclaimed and stood up from the sofa.

"Where?? Where is she!?" He asked.

"We don't know for sure yet but i think i know where to look." Rose responded.

"Where are you?? I wanna come meet you so we go there together."

"I just arrived at June's home. I'll inform Mr Sinclair immediately and he'll alert Larry Forbes. We'll find her." Rose said.