CHAPTER FOUR

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS

**********
FLASHBACK

Grenville, Tennessee - 25th September, 1990.

"Subject 001-A ready to accept trial number 1" Dr Thomas said to a mic from atop a shielded glass while Patrick watched alongside. The doctors below carrying out the trial kitted themselves in yellow PPE as they brought out a huge syringe containing a green thick liquid.

A doctor inserted the huge syringe into the patient's chest and pushed all the serum into his chest.

"Heart rate is on the rise" Vivian said as she watched a monitor screen of the patient's heart rate while Patrick paced up and down. The monitor soon let out a beep sound minutes after.

"Subject vitals failed. Time of death 08:42PM" Thomas said.

"Let's call it a wrap. We're not getting this right" Patrick said.
"We'll work more on the serum and give further trials. Send the patient's compensation to his family" He added and walked out.

A doctor in PPE pushed the dead patient to a morgue. He turned to exit the morgue as the patient grabbed his hands firmly.

'What the hell! Are you alright?' He asked in shock, the patient who was pronounced dead few minutes ago drew him closer quickly, tore open his PPE and decapitated his head with his bare hands, opened his chest with his hands and fed on his internals and left the PPE completely empty of any human remains but splashes of blood.
He sped out of the morgue in a speed of light.

**********
PRESENT DAY

June walked down the stairs yawning, her hair look messed up as a result of the lengthy sleep she just had.

"Hey mom" She said as she walked down the stairs.

"Hey honey. You're awake. finally!" Doris replied wearing gloves as she opened the oven to check up on what was inside.

"I made your favorite. Pizza bagels and a chocolate Toaster Strudel" She said.

"Thanks mom" June responded as she walked up to the cupboard and brought out a pack of Oreo O's cereal, she poured a small quantity into a bowl and walked down to the fridge and brought out a bottle of milk and poured into the cereal. She stirred the bowl and rushed every spoonful she could take.

"So hungry honey??" Doris asked smiling

"Yeah mom. I needed something real quick" June said as milk dripped down her mouth.

"Go take a shower love, I'll get your meal to the dining" Doris said as June looked at herself and nodded.

"Yeah sure." She said and took her leave.

**********

Rose was riding her bicycle across the street as she spotted a new movie on the Grenville powerhouse Cinema electronic signboard.
She smirked to herself and ride away more faster.

June sat on her bed as her cellphone rang. She pulled up the antenna for better signal and pushed the answer button.

"June, guess what?" Rose said over the phone.
"You made out with Dom?" June replied.