CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

BLOOD OF MY BLOOD

June walked down the hallway of the Sinclair mansion in her silver coloured pyjamas and barney plush slippers from the previous night. Her brown curls were messy and she could feel the unusual silence all over the house. The house felt empty, she knew something wasn't right.

Just as she arrived at the living room, she met Patrick on his favourite reading chair drafting some wordings on a piece of paper.

"Dad!" June called out startling Patrick in the process.

"You almost gave me a heart attack." Patrick said and breathed out. He pulled off his reading glasses and placed it on a side stool.

"No! You almost did!" June snapped back.

"Where were you last night? Where is mom?"

"I was home sweetheart." Patrick said and sighed.

"Dad, don't lie to me!" June fired. 

"Geoffrey told me you were around last night and i couldn't seem to find you anywhere. I could see the fear in his eyes when he lied for you." She added.

"Sweetheart, please you need to calm down and let's talk about your trip and that big news you gat for me." Patrick said.

"Where is Mom!?" June asked calmly, trying to subside the tension building up in her. She scanned the worried look on her dad's face, awaiting an answer but none appeared to be forthcoming as Patrick maintained his silence.

"Dad, I don't know what you've done. But it better not be what I'm thinking because I'll be the first to call the cops!" She yelled and stormed out of the living room as Patrick buried his face in his palm and sighed. 

**********

Back at the Mccarthy's residence, Rose ran up to the front door to welcome her sister back home after months of intensive care at the hospital. 

She opened up the door with a broad smile on her face as Nicole carefully pushed Scarlett into the house on a wheelchair.

"Welcome home sister." Rose said and leaned to embrace Scarlett carefully.

"I missed you." Scarlett said with a smile.

"Let the girl breath Rose, she needs rest." Nicole said.

"Okay mom."

"I'll check up on you later." Rose said to Scarlett as Nicole rolled her further into the house.

Shortly after the departure of Nicole and Scarlett from the living room, the retro wall phone began ringing.

"Hello, McCarthy's residence." Rose answered.

"Hey Rose, it's June." June said over the phone.

"June? Why are you calling the house line? You could've just called me straight up." Rose responded.

"You forgot we don't have our cellphones anymore?"

"Oh shit. That's true. How are you? Are you okay?" Rose enquired.

"No. I feel miserable. I haven't seen my mom since i got back and my dad has been acting all weird. Something isn't right." June said.

"Relax June, I'm sure she's fine. Maybe she traveled somewhere and dad doesn't wanna tell you about it." Rose said.

"No, i don't think so." June said and paused.

"I found an empty pack of cigarette and bottles of alcohol on the floor. I looked into his eyes and i could tell he was intoxicated. There's something wrong Rose." she added.