CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THE SAFE HOUSE 

"Sir please don't stop for anyone else. I'll pay in full, I really need to get to my destination on time." June said to the cab driver. She was the only occupant in the cab, she sat comfortably at the backseat and shot a glance at her wristwatch.

"Okay ma'am." The cab driver answered.

The driver shot occasional glances at his rear view mirror, June noticed he had been staring and that made her feel uncomfortable.

"June Sinclair?" The driver asked, shooting a glance at the rear view mirror and back to the highway.

"Yes." June answered.

"Wow!" The driver exclaimed, he was a middle aged man, not more than 45.

"What?" June asked.

"Nothing ma'am, I was only wondering why you're in a cab. I mean, you're a billionaire's daughter. It's not everyday we get to have a passenger of your status." The cab driver said.

"Oh. I uhm, I am going to see a friend and my dad's sort of not aware of it." She responded.

"You're sneaking out right?" The cab driver asked.

"Not not really, I just wanna help a friend really quick and my dad wouldn't let me without an escort. I wanna be alone." She said.

"That's cool. I have a daughter your age and i can understand sometimes y'all wanna be independent and sometimes you feel you have everything under control." The cab driver said, June wasn't interested in the teenage independent talks, she had heard a lot of talks like that from her parents and it was starting to annoy her. she hummed to herself without a response.

"Your dad loves you and whatever he's doing for you is for your protection." The driver added. June glanced at her wristwatch again, it was 06:13pm.

"Here." June said tapping the driver's shoulder. He pulled the car to halt right at Brandon's house.

"How much?" She asked and ransacked her small purse.

"No, keep it." The driver said.

"What? Why?" June asked.

"Keep the money June Sinclair, I only beg of one thing."

"and what is that?" June asked.

"If your father ever needs a driver for himself or the company, please call me. This uhm, this job I'm doing can only do little to sustain my family, I'd be really grateful if i can get something much better." The driver said handing over a small card to June containing his home address and cellphone digits.

"Thank you so much Mr-?" June said scanning the card for his name.

"Morgan Coleman." he answered quickly.

"Thank you Mr Morgan, I really appreciate this." June said thankfully and tuck the card into her purse. She got out of the cab and closed the door shut. She waved at Morgan Coleman and head for Bran's house.

Just as June was about to knock, Bran opened the door right on time.

"Oh!" June said shifting back immediately, Startled at how quick Bran came to the door.

"I'm sorry, did i scare you?" Bran asked.

"Yeah kind of."

"Please come in." Bran said ushering June into the house.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" He asked.

"No Bran, I'm good. Where is the system and what's the problem? I really have somewhere to be now."