CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

FATEFUL FEELINGS

June could see the surface of the waters through the motorhome's window as the bus kept sinking, the reflected light got father and father away as the motorhome sank deeper. She turned her head slowly to the left, Rose and Alex were unconscious and were already afloat, Dominic was struggling to stay alive. Something seemed odd about their current predicaments, she couldn't feel her magic despite her pulling off the magical bracelet after leaving the coven. Dominic himself was helpless.

June turned away, she couldn't bear to watch Dominic struggle in so much pain and agony, she was too weak to offer any assistance to save her dying friend or herself. Mr Morgan's condition was unknown as well.

June looked down as her heart began to race faster, she was in desperate need of air. She kicked and fought the waters as it became darker and darker as each second passed by. After several futile attempts to kick the waters like they could feel the pain and let go off her, she surrendered. Her last kick was weak, she knew she wouldn't make it out of this one alive.

She closed her eyes as she began to float slowly across the sinking motorhome. She could feel the life snapping out of her. June closed her eyes and accepted her fate.

Just as she closed her eyes, her soul felt a transformation, everywhere seemed bright like she was out of the water. She opened her eyes to confirm if she had arrived at heaven or the after life.

Just as she opened her eyes, she could see the enormous building of the Sinclair mansion. She scanned her environment and it wasn't quite what she used to know.

The beautiful flowers decorating the mansion had all wilted away, the sun was bright red and so is the sky. She was in shock, she knew heaven wasn't supposed to be that way, at least according to what she heard.

She could see the entrance to the mansion wide open, it was usually closed at all time. Out of curiosity to know what was going on, she decided to walk into the mansion to check things for herself.

"Mom? Dad? Is anyone home?" She yelled as she stepped into the living room. It didn't appear to be quite what it used to be. The Sinclair mansion appears to have collapsed, the exquisite interior had all become a debris. The glass interiors all shattered and the gigantic chandelier was on the floor, shattered to pieces.

"Mom!? Dad?? Megan!? Is anyone home?" She yelled louder as she made an attempt to run but stepped her feet on a shattered glass.

"Ouch!" she winced in pain and sat on the floor, she placed her hand at the back of her feet as blood covered the palm of her hands immediately.

June grunted as she stood up, she looked down at the spot she had injured herself, what she thought was a normal bleeding had become a pool of blood.

"Oh my Good!" She cringed at the sight of the pool of blood. Not sure if it was just hers alone. Wind howled as it blew off the dust at the living room, thereby making a partially opened door creak.

June limped into the door to behold the sight of her mom on a hospital bed.

"Mom!" She yelled and ran to Doris's bed, neglecting the pain beneath her feat.

"Mom, what happened!? What is going on?" She asked as her eyes began to water. Doris was dry, pale and her hair had fallen off completely. Her lips were chapped and her eye bags were dark.

"I love you June." Doris whispered as she held June's hands.

"Mom, what is happening to you?" June asked as a tear drop forced it's way out of her eyes.

"I'm-I'm sorry." Doris stammered and shut her eyes closed as her grasp on June's hands fell off.

"Mom please come back!! Please!" June said and began crying as she buried her face in her mother's chest.