CHAPTER NINE

A DATE TO REMEMBER

**********
FLASHBACK

Grenville, Tennessee - 26th September, 1990.

A day after a doctor was murdered by the failed subject at the Sinclair Pharmaceutical special facility, Patrick and his team had just noticed the disaster that happened at the morgue the night before.

"Sir its George" Dylan said squatting to the remains of the deceased on the floor. He checked for his name tag on the piece of PPE uniform left, the name was George McCarthy.

"This is some real shit!" Patrick cursed and ran his finger through his hair in frustration.

"George's family will be absolutely devastated." Dr Thomas said.

"Yes they will"
"I really don't know how to break this to them." Patrick said and closed his eyes in sorrow.

"I'll suggest we burn down the morgue sir, we burn his remains and the rest of the corpse to make it seem like a fire incident" Thomas suggested.
"That's the only way" he added.

"fire?" Patrick whispered.

"Yes sir. A fire outbreak at the morgue is a more better news than being eaten by an unknown monster on the loose"
"Not only will this affect the McCarthy's greatly, it will also affect the reputation of the company."
"The media will ruin us, the people won't trust us anymore. It has to be an accident, but not an accident as a result of a failed experiment" Thomas said as Patrick nodded in agreement to Thomas's suggestion.

"Dylan, get the gas, lit the whole of this place on fire and leave immediately"
"No one must know of this" Patrick said as Dylan nodded and left to get the gas like Patrick had instructed.

An hour later, the morgue was on fire and thick fumes filled the sky, it could be seen from far away. This attracted the press immediately as they all gathered outside the Sinclair Headquarters waiting to throw their questions.

Patrick stood at the parking lot and took a glance at the reporters waiting outside the gate, Dylan opened the car door as Patrick hopped in.

"Where to sir?" Dylan enquired as he took the driver's seat.

"To George's House" Patrick responded as Dylan kicked the engine to life and drove out. They approached the gate as the reporters blocked Patrick's car from exiting.

"Is the facility on fire?
"are there any casualties?"
"Is this a cover up for a failed experiment?"
"Sir please give me a minute of your time" Patrick could hear the chattering from the reporters, Dylan slowed down as Patrick rolled down the car window to answer a few questions.

"A fire broke out at the morgue section of the facility, as at now we can't say how many casualties but it is inevitable because its a morgue, and we have a couple of subjects stored in there"

"We will provide further details when the fire has been put out" Patrick said and rolled up the window as Dylan sped out, the press chased his car to throw more questions but couldn't keep up with the speed of his car."

Patrick arrived at the McCarthy's home and knocked.
Nicole opened the door all smiles.

"Hello Nicole" Patrick greeted.

"Mr Sinclair, please come in" She said and ushered him in.

"Hello Rose, Scarlett" Patrick greeted Rose and Scarlett who were busy arguing about something before he came in.