CHAPTER SIX

DETECTIVE JUNE

June sat in her room waiting patiently for the Microsoft windows 3.0 boot screen to end.
"Finally! This shit is so slow" she said and began clacking the keyboard of her Packard bell 486 computer, the best personal computer anyone her age only dreamed of possessing. Getting such advance computers weren't much of an issue for her, her father was Patrick Sinclair after all.

She opened up encyclopaedia on the desktop and punch in Trauma caused by radiation. She used the navigation buttons on the keyboard to scroll through the results, but she wasn't quite satisfied with what she got. She stood up from the chair and picked up her cellphone lying on the bed. She pulled out the antenna, flip open the keypad cover and punched in Dominic's digits.

"Hello Dominic, are you there?"

"Hey June, what's up? You just left without saying goodbye." Dominic said over the phone.

"I'm sorry, I just needed to get something done at home quickly." June responded.
"We need to see Bran"

"Why?" Dominic asked.

"Oh Dominic! Remember the incident at the cinema?? Rose must have looked, maybe for a second or two. Not too long for her to be totally infected like the rest."

"Yeah... So?" Dominic asked.

"So, Bran was supposed to be at the counter selling tickets right?"

"Right" Dominic said.

"If he was at the counter selling tickets, how come did he get infected? Scarlett told us he was having the same episodes as rose and he wasn't even at the cinema, he never knew any shit was even going on. How come is he having the episodes if he didn't look?" June said.

"Makes a lot of sense. You're absolutely right! It couldn't have been possible, he didn't see the movie." Dominic responded.

"Yes he didn't, but somehow he's suffering just like my best friend is. We need to go see him and ask questions"

"When? I could come over to pick you up and we head to his place if that's okay?" Dominic said.

"It's okay, please be quick" She said and hung up. Just then, she recalled she is still grounded. Patrick was around and there was no way she'll leave the house. The idea of a Dominic magic clone has been too frequent and it's only a matter of time before she's exposed. She decided to confront her dad and request to leave the house!

"Hey dad" she said walking up to Patrick who was writing on a large piece of paper.

"Hey honey, how's Rose doing now?" Patrick said while writing on the paper.

"She's getting much better. Thanks" June responded.

"Please send my regards, I'll create time to pay her a visit." he said still writing heads down. June stood for minutes without any further words from her or Patrick.

"Is there a problem honey?" Patrick asked looking up to her this time.

"Dad, a lot has been happening. My friends really need me, i also wanna help but i can't do that if I'm not allowed to leave the house" June said looking away from Patrick's gaze.

"Sweetheart, I just don't want you getting hurt. Every decision i make is for your own good" Patrick said

"Dad, I know. Please i really can't stay grounded anymore" June said and held his hands.

"Fine. I'll have Dylan escort you around? Just in case you need help"

"No dad, I can totally take care of myself. Just trust me please" June said.