CHAPTER TWENTY

DEAR DIARY

1st July, 1991.

Dear Diary,

It's been a rough summer, and the world got introduced to things we never thought actually existed. Zombies! Yeah they do exist. Who could have thought those monsters we hear about in stories and movies actually existed in real life? Away from zombies, I made a new friend, Dominic Griffith. He's the best human being I've ever met and he has superpowers too! So unreal.

Our summer vacation begins today and I'm so excited, We're getting prepared to follow the coordinates of a map to get Dominic's coven of witches and also, dad got me a baby sister. Megan is the smartest girl i know. I love her so much and I'm so happy i have a sibling at long last. Finally got a boyfriend too! Haha Alexander is handsome as hell, oh my God! He has absolutely no idea how much i go crazy about him. Aside his incredible looks, he's the nicest person i know and he'll do anything for the people he loves.

June wrote and paused for a second to ponder what her next line would be, she rolled the pen in between her fingers and shot a glance at the sunrise beaming it's light through her bedroom window, she then figured out what her next paragraph would be and so she continued.

This is a part of me i can only confide in you, My best friend's dad got killed by an experimental zombie at my dad's lab and dad lied about it to everyone and i got to know about the truth a couple of days ago. I didn't tell Rose the truth about her father's death. I hope she doesn't get mad at me someday when she finds out, I kept this secret hidden from her to protect her and her family. They're doing absolutely fine and i wouldn't wanna rekindle an old wound. Anyway, Scarlett woke up from a long lasting coma last night and I'm happy they're beginning to put their father's death behind them. They all deserve to be happy. Mom once told me, sometimes we have to lie to the people we love to protect them as this is exactly what I'm doing. I can never do anything to hurt Rose, I love her so much and she is my best friend and a sister.

We'll be setting off to find the coven tomorrow, I hope to visit you with the day's activities again.

June concluded and closed the diary. She opened up her drawer and toss the diary inside and closed it.

**********

Grenville Medical Center, Tennessee.

Rose sat next to Scarlett and held her hands as Scarlett fix her gaze at the hospital ceiling. She had woken up the night before from her months of coma.

"Hi." Rose said in a shaky voice, as emotions got the better of her.
"I thought I'd loose you." She added as Scarlett twitched a part of her lips to reveal a smile.

"I'll never leave you and mom. I promise." Scarlett muttered and squeezed Rose's hands as they entwined fingers.

"Seeing your pretty blue eyes again is the best thing ever." Rose said and smiled as she leaned downwards to plant a kiss on Scarlett's forehead.

"So glad to have you back honey." Nicole said as she sat next to Scarlett.

"Mom." Scarlett muttered as tears dropped sideways of her face.

"I'm here honey. I'm right here." Nicole said and held her hands. Shortly the doctor came in.

"Mrs McCarthy, she'll need a rest. Could you both please leave? You can always come back to visit her later." The doctor said.

"Sure, come on Rose." Nicole said as Rose stood up from the bedside she was sitting on.

"We'll be back. Please get much better soon." Rose said and rubbed Scarlett's palm as Scarlett nodded in response.
Rose smiled at her sister and left her alone with the doctor as her mom followed behind.