CHAPTER NINETEEN

THE COORDINATES

"You okay son?" Jacob asked as Dominic sat up on a chair surrounded by his family. His face appeared wet than normal, he used his index finger to touch his face to ascertain if it was sweat or something else. Just as he touched his face, he realised it wasn't sweat. They had poured water on his head while he was unconscious.

"Yeah I'm fine dad." Dominic responded and stood up from the chair.

"No i don't think so." Josie said touching his face.

"Mom, I'm fine." Dominic insisted.

"Dom, you can tell us anything. What is going on with you?" Josie persisted.

"Your sister watched you collapse, its not the first time, right?" She added and turned to Alexa.

"No its not. He blacked out at the safehouse too." Alexa answered.

"So tell us Dom, what is going on?" Josie asked and placed her palm on Dominic's cheek.

**********

"June tell me what the hell is going on?" Rose asked as June took a seat on Rose's bed.

"I-" June was about to speak as they heard the engine of a car pull over at the front yard of the McCarthy's home.

"it's probably my dad." June said and stood up to have a look through the window.
"It's him." She confirmed and closed the curtain.

"That's not a problem right?" Rose asked and raised a brow. June sighed aloud and kept mute for a second before speaking up.

"No its not." She responded with a forced smile.
"You know i love you right?" she added.

"Yeah. With all your heart." Rose responded and smiled as June pulled her into a hug.

"I'll never do anything to ever hurt you." June said and pat Rose's back.

"I know right." Rose responded and closed her eyes, smiling cheerfully.

Meanwhile, outside the McCarthy's home, Patrick and Doris knocked on the front door. Shortly, Nicole answered the door.

"Patrick? Doris? What are you guys doing here?" Nicole asked in surprise.

"Is June in?" Patrick asked.

"Yes she is, please come in." Nicole said and ushered them in.
"I'll go get her." She added and head upstairs to get June.

"Thank you Nicole." Patrick said thankfully as himself and Doris took their seat on the living room couch.

"What happened June? Do you want to tell me something?" Rose asked as she held hands with June.

"Rose I have-" June was about to speak as Nicole's loud knock on the door sounded.

"June your parents are here to see you." Nicole yelled from the outside.

"I'll be right there." June yelled back as Nicole left the door.

*********

"Hey honey." Patrick greeted as June walked down the stairs slowly.