CHAPTER SEVEN

MERGING THE DOTS

**********
FLASHBACK

Sinclair Pharmaceutical HQ - 12th, September, 1989

"Sir, the representatives from Octagon are here" Dylan said to Patrick as he stood up and followed Dylan to the conference room to meet with the representatives. Shortly, they all gathered round a table.

"Mr Sinclair, we received your offer to purchase an arm of Octagon telecommunications based in Grenville, Tennessee. Our evaluation of Octagon Grenville stands at $100 million. However, your offer falls short of this evaluation." a representative said reading out from a document he was holding.

"This meeting was arranged because your representatives made it known to us that your offer can be further increased if a roundtable discussion is made" The representative added.

"Excuse me sirs, a minute please" Dylan said and touched Patrick on the shoulder.
"A minute" Patrick said and stood up to follow Dylan to a private section of the room.

"You got something?" Patrick asked

"Yes sir, I did my findings on Octagon's operations in Grenville. The company launched in '85 and ever since they've gone downhill, they haven't been able to deliver the futuristic sim cards" Dylan said as Patrick paid attention
"They're going bankrupt and not selling at this time would be a stupid move from them. I suggest we negotiate for $60 million" Dylan said

"Really? and what if we go bankrupt as well and there's no one to buy?" Patrick said

"We can't sir, we have the resources and funds to make a research on the chips that will be used in creating the cards, and those cards will be compatible with cellphones in the near future. That is something they haven't figured out yet" Dylan said as Patrick nodded in agreement.

"You're right. We'll buy this thing and introduce Grenville to the future of communications" Patrick said tapping Dylan's shoulder. Shortly, they returned to the room.

"I'm sorry about that gentlemen, so where were we?"
"The price, right!" Patrick said answering his own question.

"Yes my representatives were right, the offer will be further increased if a meeting was done in person. So I've decided to buyout Octagon for $60 million, no more!" He added sipping a glass of water.

"I'm afraid sir, Octagon is worth much more than that" A representative of Octagon replied.

"Very well then, if you'll excuse me, i have other things to attend to" Patrick said and stood up to exit the conference room.

"Wait Mr Sinclair!" an Octagon representative said as Patrick smiled and turned back.

**********
PRESENT DAY

Jacob Griffith barged into Scott's room furiously

"What did we talk about?" Jacob growled and grabbed Scott by the neck pulling him up.
"I've always told you, Dominic is family and he is your brother. Get that into your thick skull" Jacob said choking Scott's neck as he struggled to breath.

"He's not my brother" Scott muttered.

"What did you just say?" Jacob barked.

"Nothing dad" Scott replied.