CHAPTER TEN

THE LOST LABRADOR

Dominic opened his eyes and stood up in a rush from the bed. He glanced at the window as the heavy downpour washed across the window.

He rushed to pick up his cellphone and punched in June's digits, he tried reaching her to no avail. "Shit!" He cursed to himself.

He burst open his wardrobe and took out a leather jacket. He threw himself into the Jacket and closed his eyes to find June with his psychic ability.

He discovered her location and dashed his way down the stairs waking Alexa up in the process.

"Where the hell are you going? It's raining and it's late" She asked scratching her eyes sleepily.

"I'll be right back" Dominic said in a hurry and stormed out of the house in the rain.

**********

Alex arrived at the Sinclair mansion with June on his back, he appeared exhausted and soaking wet after walking a distance with June on his back. He approached the gate as the rain poured down heavily, a security guard noticed a sleeping June on his back and rushed to help them.

"Is she alright?" The security asked rushing to Alex as June mumbled at the sound of the security's voice.

"Help her down" Alex said as the security helped June down from his back.

"Inform Mr Sinclair immediately" The security said to a colleague as June rested on him for support.

"You'll be alright" Alex said to June and part a loosed curl of her hair covering a part of her face.

"Sir, June is here" A manservant rushed in to inform Patrick and Doris who both have been waiting for her at the living room.

"Are they alright?" Patrick enquired looking worried.

"I don't think so sir, Mr Clinton doesn't appear to be with his car."

"Where are they?" Doris asked.

"On their way ma'am" the manservant responded as June and Alex were both escorted into the living room dripping wet. June was supported by a security as she limp her way to pull her dad into a wet hug.

"What the hell happened?" Patrick asked worryingly as he broke free of the hug and scanned her from head to toe.

"You're not allowed to be here!" A security guard barked from afar to the hearing of everyone in the living room as Dominic forced his way to the living room.

"I'm sorry sir" The security said as Patrick gestured his hands to him indicating its okay.

"Dom" June muttered as Dominic was breathing heavily and dripping wet.

"Why are you here?" Patrick asked.

"I-I figured June was in trouble, so i rushed over to be of help in anyway i can" Dominic said.

"June tell us what happened" Patrick asked as June took a seat on the couch and was covered in a thick blanket. Doris handed her a cup of hot tea to help keep her warm.

"Dad, something tried to kill us tonight. I don't know what it is, everything happened so fast"
"Alex lost control of the car and we crashed, luckily we came out alive" June said shivering.

"What?" Doris asked in disbelief to what she just heard.

"Alex saved me tonight. I wouldn't be here without him" June said thankfully as Patrick shot Alex a glance.