CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

DRIFTING APART

PREVIOUSLY

26th September, 1990.

Patrick arrived at the McCarthy's home and and informed Nicole of the devastating news of her husband's death at the facility, Nicole lashed out at Patrick in anguish but eventually kept her calm and took his generous offer to assist the family at such a difficult time.

"This is a cheque of $500,000 for the funeral expenses" He said handing over the cheque to a crying Nicole. Scarlett bursted into tears and ran upstairs while Rose froze in shock.

"No! Take back your money!" Nicole screamed throwing the cheque back at Patrick. He sighed and picked the cheque from the floor.

"Nicole, I know how you feel trust me i really do. It hurts me so much but there is nothing we can do now."
"Please take it, give him a befitting funeral." Patrick said as Nicole's shaky hands collected the cheque. Tear drops soaked the cheque instantly

"Everything will be alright" he assured and opened the door. He got back into his car and buried his face in his palm.

"How did they take it sir?" Dylan asked turning to Patrick who looked absolutely devastated

"Very bad Dylan."
"Very bad!" He repeated and sighed

"They'll get over it with time" Dylan said feeling remorseful as he started the engine and sped off.

1991

"Bran please stop!!!" June cried out as Bran pulled her into an old safe house. June gathered every strength within her and hit him on the thigh using her boots.

He dragged her into the abandoned living room and hurled her to the wall. June sniffle in utter agony, she lay on the floor helpless.

"I've done nothing wrong, why me?" June cried out.

"It isn't about what you've done, it is about what you're yet to do." Bran answered.

"I can read your mind, you love your best friend Roseline McCarthy and yet your father is responsible for her father's death." Bran said taking a walk slowly to June who lay on the floor in severe pains.

"What the hell are you talking about!" she barked amidst tears.

"George McCarthy did not die by a fire incident." This is my little gift to you.

**********

The day came to an end fast and Bran's funeral was concluded at St. Theresa's. The Sinclairs arrived at the mansion and Patrick went to check up on June in her room. Right there, she dropped the huge question that has been bothering her mind. Was her father responsible for the death of Rose's dad?

"Something has been bothering my mind and i feel i should speak to you about it." June said as Patrick turned to take a seat on a sofa opposite June's bed.

"You can tell me anything honey. I'm all ears." Patrick said and clenched his jaw to listen attentively.

"While Bran abducted me, the possessive spirit inside of him told me something i still don't understand." June said.

"What did he tell you?"

"He made mention of the circumstances surrounding the death Rose's dad. He said you had a hand it." June said as Patrick's eyes widened.

"Dad is it true or not!" June barked.

"It is. But i can explain." Patrick said.

"How could you!?" June said as tears began to form in her eyes.