CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

THE REALM OF THE UNDYING

June whimpered as she lay on the floor helplessly. "Miss Sinclair, are you alright?" A security rushed into the room to help her up.

"Are you alright ma'am?" He asked again.

"I'm fine." June muttered in response.

"You're bleeding. I have to get your father now. But first, let me help you to your room." He said and swung her hand across his shoulder, helping her navigate her way through the hallway down to her room. He sat her down on a sofa and left the room to get Patrick.

Minutes later, Patrick rushed in.

"Honey, are you okay? my goodness!" he said and knelt down, inspecting the bruise on June's nose. He touched her nose and she winced in pain as droplets of blood dripped out, staining the floor.

"My goodness! Your nose is broken. What happened? Who the hell did this to you?" Patrick asked..

"It's nothing dad."

"nothing? You can't tell me this is nothing. Look at you, who did this to you?" He asked again but June's response wasn't forthcoming.

"Where is Rose?" he asked.

"She left." June muttered.

"is this about her? Baby you have to tell me what's going on please." Patrick pleaded. June raised her head up and shot a stare at the security standing by her room.

"Please excuse us." Patrick said to him, understanding the meaning of June's stare.

"Tell me, what happened?" He asked.

"It's Rose" June said and paused, she sighed aloud and continued. "She found out about her dad." She added.

"Oh no! Goddammit!" Patrick cursed and stood up in shock.

"She hit you this way?" He asked, feeling furious.

"It was an accident dad, we just had an argument and she kinda lost it. It was absolutely not intentional." June said.

"First we need to take care of your injuries. We'll worry about her later. Come, let's go." Patrick said and stretched out his arm, she reached out to him and stood up.

**********

"Rose, are you alright?" Nicole asked as Rose rushed up the stairs, crying. Nicole stood motionless, not having a clue as to what is going on.

"Honey, are you alright?" Nicole yelled and followed behind. On her wheelchair, scarlett wheeled herself out of the kitchen with a puzzled look, obviously confused at all that was going on.

Nicole rushed into Rose's room and met her sitting up on the bed, heads down.

"Rose, what is it? You don't look so good." Nicole said and sat next to her, on the bed.
"Talk to mommy dear. What is it?"

"It's nothing mom." Rose answered and wiped off the tears.

"You're crying, something definitely happened. Talk to me." Nicole pestered.

"Mom I'm fine. Just a rough day." Rose answered. Just then, her phone began beeping. She shot a side glance at the small screen and caught up June's name.

"You have a call." Nicole said but Rose ignored.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Nicole asked further and leaned to have a look at who the caller was..

"Honey, it's June." Nicole said, wondering why June's call of all people is being ignored.

"Mom stay out of this!" Rose growled, feeling irritated at her mom's persistence.