CHAPTER FIFTEEN

THE WORM'S ORIGIN

Bourbon's Grill, Grenville, Tennessee.

"An official death toll of the Grenville invasion has been released and it is said no fewer than 104 persons were confirmed dead at the newly launched ocean's bay hotel. Speaking to the press earlier today, Grenville chief police, Larry Forbes confirmed a team of 30 special forces were confirmed dead at the Sinclair facility grounds which brings the total death toll to 134 people killed at the night of the zombies attack. This is coming four months after the attack at the Grenville powerhouse cinema which claimed the lives of 95 persons. These are hard times for everyone in Grenville and we urge everyone to stay strong and stay safe. We will get past this. May their souls rest in peace."

The news broadcast of the evening announced from the small sized CRT TV placed on a slab edge behind the bartender.

"Your brother is a hero Scott. He saved us all." Scott's best friend and crush, Brooklyn said to him as they both sat on a stool watching the news broadcast with a bourbon whisky in Scott's hand. Brooklyn had only water on her part.

"I didn't tell you about his powers to go around yapping about it." Scott whispered.
"Plus, He's not my brother." He mumbled and gulped down his bourbon.

"Why not?" Brooklyn asked.

"Screw you Brook!" Scott Growled.

"I was only asking a harmless question. He's your brother. What is wrong with you?" Brooklyn responded gesturing her arms in the air.

"He ain't my brother. We don't even look alike, we're not even the same complexion and we're of different races." Scott spited.

"So it's about his colour and race huh? I'll tell you what, The Bourbon's messing with your head Scott."

"No it's not, I'm just trying to make a point. He ain't my brother so shut the fuck up." Scott said and slide over his empty glass cup to the bartender for a refill.

"I'd love to have a brother like that tho.. He's so super cool and he's handsome as hell." Brooklyn said and licked her lower lip as Scott shot her a wicked glance.

"What?" She asked and rolled her eyes.

"Handsome?" Scott asked.

"Yeah.. He's super hot and handsome. More than you in fact." Brooklyn said and smirked.

"Say that again..." Scott Growled and shot her a wicked glance.

"Better than you." Brooklyn said again as Scott hit his fist on the table in anger.

"Geez what the hell Scott!" Brooklyn said as everyone turned their attention to them.

"I'm sorry Brook. Please." Scott apologised immediately.

"You're so messed up Scott. I'm out of here." Brooklyn said and walked out on him.

"Brooklyn please I'm sorry." Scott apologised once again and stretch out his hands to stop her from leaving but his hands slipped past her and she left the grill. He sat back on the stool and gulped down his bourbon, he sighed and buried his face in his palm.

Scott arrived at the Griffith's home late at night after the drama at the Bourbon's grill, he got to the living room and met Alexa awake. She appeared to be waiting for him as she sat on the couch, legs crossed. He looked shocked for a second before composing himself.

"Hey" He said.

"Hey." She responded. Scott didn't say a word back, he turned to head upstairs.

"You were out getting drunk all evening." Alexa said and stood up from the couch to face Scott who also stopped to turn back to Alexa.