" Truce ".

Darren had had a shitty week. Not only was his game not strong, his father was being an asshole again, and making him do things he wasn't proud of in the slightest. No, not killing, and all that grade A criminal stuff, just things that weren't exactly legal, and couldn't be brought up in polite company. Darren was never happy complying with his father's wishes, but, he had no other choice. The old bastard had total control of him, and as much as he wanted out, he couldn't. He was in way too deep and the few people he cared about, could get seriously hurt if he didn't put up with the jerk off's schemes.

It also didn't help that his Mira was now surrounding herself with people, especially that blonde boy Lewis. It pissed him off to no end whenever he saw them together. Sometimes, they'd be alone in the hall, and she'd be laughing at something he'd said. She was always laughing because of him and it hurt because Darren wanted to be the reason she smiled, or was overall happy. Granted, he didn't handle it the best way, by bullying her, or making fun of her, but he had no other option. That man kept tabs on him at all times, and if he ever found out that he had special interest in anyone, let alone a girl, Mirabelle would be in serious danger. He had to keep her safe. He wouldn't let anything bad happen to her on account of his feelings, and even though it killed him to stay away and watch her be with someone else, he'd put up with it until he could figure his shit out once and for all, and then maybe, he'd still have a shot at winning her over.

" ... Dude, have you been listening? " Zaine asks, tapping Darren on his bicep lightly.

This brings him out of his thoughts. Darren had almost forgotten that he was with Zain. It took him even longer to realize they were at the docks. Zain wanted to give his new speed boat a go, and had invited Darren over for a joy ride, claiming it was a chance to rekindle an old friendship. Darren however, knew that was a load of bull, and that the real reason Zain had even considered him was because Nate was grounded again, and naturally, he was the replacement.

Darren couldn't even fathom why he'd agreed to this in the first place. His mind was obviously not in it, and he'd rather be anywhere but here at the moment. It's not as if Zain was horrible company, he could be fun at times, but there were a lot more people Darren would rather spend time with, a certain gorgeous brown haired girl being at the top of the list.

" Yeah, sorry dude. My mind was a little preoccupied. What were you saying? " Darren asks, finally paying attention to Zain.

" It doesn't matter, it seems like whatever it is you're thinking about is more entertaining than what I've been saying. " Zain responds with a shrug, slightly irked, and continues walking.

Darren doesn't respond to this, because in all honesty, Zain was probably right. He'd hung around Zain enough to know that there were only a few topics that were of interest to the mighty Zain Bennett: Girls, motorbikes, speed boats, and, girls again. Most of which Darren would preferably skip over in a conversation.

Darren is brought out of his thoughts again, when Zain suddenly places an arm out in front of his chest to stop him from moving.

" What the hell dude! " Darren snaps, a little breathless, due to the impact. He would have seen the arm had he been paying attention.

Zain pays him no mind, as his attention is fixed on something ahead of them. More to the point, someone.

" Well today may just be more entertaining after all " he says darkly.

Darren follows his eyes and sees Lewis at the dock with his own speed boat. It seemed like the vehicle wouldn't turn on, and Lewis did not look happy in the slightest.

" It seems like our friend could use a little help over there. " Zain says, turning to face Darren with an edgy smile on his face.

" Friend? " Darren asks dumbly. The look on Zain's face made him uneasy. It was the same look his father got before he had him do something illegal, or dangerous.