Mermaid Rescue (part 2).

Cleo and Mirabelle slow down a little bit close to Mako, they both swim around reefs, and rocks and wild life. Cleo doesn't even notice how beautiful the scenery is, the only thing she can think of is finding Lewis.

' please let him be okay ' she thinks to no one in particular.

' he will be. ' Mirabelle reassures beside her.

' let's split up, that way we can cover more ground, or ocean. ' Cleo suggests.

' sure, if I find anything, I'll let you know ' Mirabelle replies, then swims the opposite direction.

Cleo is about to turn past a reef, when an object catches her eye. The object was inside an anemone. Cleo uses her powers to pull out the item without touching the anemone. She discovers it's a cellphone, a brand-new iPhone, she knew for a fact that it wasn't Lewis's as he was one of the few people in the world who had a dislike for the brand.

Holding the phone, she swims a little further from behind the reef. She's about to go in the opposite direction, when a reflection catches her eye. She looks down, and her breath hitches. It was Lewis, and he wasn't moving. She dashes to him, and begins to shake him vigorously, causing a load of bubbles to surround them.

' Mirabelle! Mirabelle! ' she yells in her head, already panicking, and hoping she can hear her.

' I'm here! ' Mirabelle responds, and a flash of lightning darts towards Cleo, turning out to be Mirabelle.

' He's not breathing! What do we do?! ' Cleo asks, hysterical.

' Let's take him up for air. ' Mirabelle thinks.

They start swimming to the surface. Before they reach tho, they see Lewis's boat come to a stop a few distance from them, it was Darren.

' I can't believe he came back. ' Mirabelle thinks, her admiration for Darren clear.

' Mirabelle focus! ' Cleo snaps at her.

' Okay, change of plans. You're going to have to draw out the excess water in his blood stream, while I pinch his nose. ' Mirabelle tells her.

' Do you think it'll work?' Cleo asks, unsure.

' It has to. Come on Cleo, we don't have much time, if Darren dives into the water, he'll see us. ' Mirabelle explains with urgency.

' Okay. ' Cleo agrees.

Mirabelle pinches Lewis's nose, while Cleo places her palm on Lewis's abdomen. Closing her eyes, she focuses her energy on the water in his blood stream, then, taking a deep breath, she slowly drags her fingers in a curve, up his stomach, and through his throat, effectively pulling the excess water out of him. The moment the water is out of his mouth, he opens his eyes wide and begins to shake violently.

' What's wrong with him?!' Cleo cries to Mirabelle.

' He needs oxygen. ' Mirabelle answers.

' What do we do?!' Cleo asks desperately.

' Place your mouth on his, and breathe air into him ' Mirabelle answers quickly, as Lewis's convulsions increase.

Cleo obeys, and thirty seconds later, Lewis relaxes as his eyes close. He opens them again, and looks at the two mermaids in front of him in confusion and awe.

Mirabelle hears a light splash, and looks up to see Darren's feet in the water, indicating that he is about to jump in.

' Cleo, we have to get him up, Darren is about to jump overboard! ' she tells Cleo who is hugging Lewis.

Cleo immediately let's go off Lewis, and they both guide him towards the surface. They push Lewis's torso out the water, while they stay under. Lewis immediately gasps for air, and flails his arms around wildly.