Four Is Company.

Rikki couldn't believe her fortune. The day had already gone sour, and she was in a foul mood. She had woken up 30 minutes late for school, skipped her breakfast, forgot her lunch because her dad had an early shift and she didn't have time to make one, to top it all off, her bicycle had a flat tyre which she would've fixed, if she wasn't already an hour late for school.

She had to walk about three blocks to school, and she could already tell that the first period had started, seeing as there were no students loitering. Just when she thought things couldn't get any worse, the principal just had to be at the door and had given her an earful about punctuality, and how she was shaping up to be a bad egg - as if she cared - Rikki, unable to take anymore of the badgering, had snapped and said some colourful things to the woman, which left her gaping like a fish, and earned Rikki a whooping week of detention and cafeteria duty.

And now, here she was, walking in late to her biology class, with a look that could set the school ablaze quite literally if she wanted to.

" Miss Chadwick how nice of you to finally grace us with your presence. " The teacher, whom she hadn't bothered to learn her name, says in a disapproving tone.

Rikki doesn't spare her a glance, as she goes to sit right beside the window in the middle row. She noticed everyone's eyes on her, but it was something she was used to, so she wasn't fazed.

" I hope you have a good explanation as to why you're late " the teacher states glaring at Rikki.

Rikki looks at her with a cold stare,
" I needed more time to prepare before coming to hell " she answers with no remorse whatsoever.

This garners a lot of gasps from the students present. Cleo and Emma being among the former.

The teacher however, does not find this funny, as she glares even harder at Rikki, and gives her detention after school that day.

Rikki couldn't have cared less if she'd gotten another week of detention. School was, is, and always will be a useless waste of space and time to her, and with each passing day, her resolve to drop out becomes stronger.

Not feeling like responding to the creature in front of her, she folds her arms leaning back into the chair and stares out the window. She had a perfect view of the ocean, and wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of the day just swimming. She could feel two pairs of eyes on her, and she didn't need a seer to tell her who they were. She legit has no desire to interact with any of them today, one more than the other, and she was going to avoid them all day if she had to. Thank goodness she had a free period after this mess.

*

From the moment Rikki walked into the room, Emma knew she had her work cut out for her. Rikki's unforgiving expression and lack of eye contact with the rest, was all she needed to know that ' pissed ' was not a strong enough word to describe Rikki's mood. No matter, she would still gain her forgiveness even if it meant loosing some of her dignity.

The class goes on as usual, with the teacher going on about photosynthesis or some shit like that, it was obvious no one was really paying attention.

The moment the bell rings, Rikki is up and out of the class, faster than anyone could say ' pissed '. All she wants is to be alone for as long as possible, but even she knew that wasn't going to happen so easily.

" Rikki! " Emma calls out to her, as she rounds the stairway.

Obviously, she ignores her.

" I know you can hear me! Come on, please slow down! " Emma continues, persistent.

By now, the halls were empty as everyone was already in their next class.

Rikki doesn't even spare her a glance, her mind set on getting to the roof, and locking the Emma out.