On Mako...Again (1).

* * * *

"Emma! Emma, can you hear me Emma!" Cleo yells while shaking Emma's unconscious form lying on the ground.

"Calm down Cleo, panicking won't help." Mirabelle says from beside her, her brows drawn together in worry.

"Yeah, Bells is right, and I'm pretty sure you yelling in her ear won't make her wake up any faster. You'd only be giving her a migraine, that's if she doesn't have one already." Rikki adds, while kneeling on the other side of Emma and checking her temperature with her palm on her forehead.

"Her temperature is back to normal..." She says relived.

"And her heart rate has picked up tremendously, so I think she should be coming around about now." Mirabelle adds firmly, also relived.

"About now, it's been nearly an hour since we brought her out of the water and she's not even moved a finger! How am I supposed to explain to Mr and Mrs Gilbert what happened to her, let alone the entire town?! Not only will they think I'm crazy, they'll have us thrown into prison for..." Cleo rants.

"Cleo!" Rikki yells, effectively shutting her up. "She's awake." She adds with a smirk.

Cleo looks down with teary eyes, as Emma begins to stir. Not a moment after she's opened her eyes and begins to sit up is she tackled back down with a smothering hug from an emotional Cleo.

"Umph..." Emma grunts as she falls on her back, with an arm around Cleo's back. "...Cleo...I can't...breathe..." She manages to get out.

Rikki and Mirabelle laugh as Cleo scrambles off of her, flustered.
"Oh I'm so sorry Emma, are you okay? Are you hurt? How many fingers am I holding up?" Cleo asks in a single breath.

"Relax Cleo, I'm fine, I'm not hurt, and that's a fist, so no fingers." Emma answers as she sits fully and gives a small smile to her very concerned friend.

Cleo looks at her hand and blushes.
"Oh right, I'm glad you're okay tho." She says as wipes tears from her eyes, finally gaining some composure.

"We all are. You really had us worried there Em, it took a while to get your body temperature back to normal, and not to mention your very slow heartbeat, if it wasn't for Rikki's heat abilities, I don't know how long you would've been out for." Mirabelle says, explaining the situation at hand to Emma.

"What happened Emma, you were completely out of control. You almost froze half the ocean." Rikki adds in a calm voice even though she was very shaken by the whole ordeal.

Emma takes a deep breath and closes her eyes allowing flashes of the incident pour into her mind.
"I honestly can't explain it guys," she begins, opening her eyes. "I just know that I felt so powerful, and at ease, and I didn't want that feeling to end. It was like...my brain just shut down and all I could feel was the ice in my veins, wrapping around me like an armour and...it just...felt... amazing." She finishes, struggling to express herself.

At this point, they were all sitting on the ground in a circle, as they listened intently to what she was saying, trying to understand her.

"I know what you mean Emma, I think we all do. Whenever I use my abilities, a sense of euphoria overwhelms me, and it takes a while to get off the high even after I'm done. Sometimes I don't want to stop, but then I think of the damage I could do and the people I could hurt, and that becomes my anchor so I don't go overboard." Mirabelle explains with a genuine smile on her face.

Emma sighs, her face downcast.
"I'm really sorry guys, I guess I'm not as in control as I thought I was." She adds with a dry laugh.

"Hey don't sweat it Emma, this is all still new to us, and we are all still learning. The important thing now is to learn to control our abilities so something like this doesn't happen again." Cleo says, placing a reassuring hand on Emma's shoulder.