The Island (Part 2)

After a whilte on sea, the motor boat starts to cough up and act funny.

" what's that? " Cleo asks worried.

" no clue " Rikki responds.

Emma leans forward. " just F-ing great. We're out of fuel ". She says annoyed.

Just as she makes the announcement, the motor boat stops.  Now, they were stranded in the middle of nowhere.

" shit " Rikki mutters quietly.

" what are we going to do now? " Cleo asks.

" I don't know Cleo, why don't you ask your little friend here " Emma spits.

" the name is Rikki, and there's no need to get your panties in a twist. We can just row over to that island over there and call for help. " Rikki responds slightly irked at Emma's tone, and points forward.

Emma follows her hand. " Mako? No F-ing way. " she shakes her head ' no '.

" And why the F not? " Rikki asks annoyed.

" Because it's dangerous, no one goes there... " Emma says.

Cleo pipes in " I heard there were sharks there and monsters that eat people " she shudders.

" Well, what do you suggest we do, sit here and cross our fingers hoping someone will rescue us, at the mercy of the current I may add " Rikki sighs. " Look, the Island is the only place where we can stay and work something out. But, if y'all have a Better idea, do share, I'm all ears. "

No one objects, or responds.

" Good "

She hands a row stick to Emma, and they start padding their way to Mako.

*    *    *

When on the island, Emma brings out her phone, and is trying to get a signal.

" Emma always comes prepared " Cleo tells Rikki feeling very proud of her friend for always being organized and reliable.

" I'm so happy for her " Rikki replies sarcastically.

Emma only rolls her eyes " We need to get to higher ground " she says and marches into the jungle.

The others follow her.

While they are trudging up the mountain surrounded by thick trees and leaves, Cleo asks " What happens if we can't get any signal? "

" We pull out sticks and decide which one of us the others will eat " Rikki replies mischievously.

Cleo gasps.

" Will you quit joking for a minute and be serious? " Emma snaps from in front of Cleo, still trying to get a signal.

" What crawled up your ass and died... " Rikki mutters.

Emma then stops abruptly making Cleo bump into her back. She turns to face Rikki, eyes blazing.

" This is all your damn fault! " she says glaring at Rikki.

" Oh really, how so? " Rikki asks glaring just as hard.

" Because this whole thing was your idea. If it wasn't for you we wouldn't be here in the first place! " Emma yells, her voice echoing all through the jungle, sending some birds flying, and Cleo cowering in their midst.

" Well I didn't force you to follow us anyhow, so I don't see why you're getting so upset! " Rikki also yells back angrily.

" And if I didn't come, how would you have figured a way out of this mess, because last I checked, I'm the only one with a damn cell phone! " Emma retorts.