A Kiss With A Promise.

Before I begin, I just want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to all my lovely readers. This book just hit and surpassed 11k reads!!! I'm honestly at a loss for words.

Thank you all so much for the support, your votes and comments are deeply appreciated, and I promise to make this story worth the read ❤.

Now, let's dive right into it 😉

* * * *

Cleo is beyond exhausted, physically, mentally, and emotionally. She has been at the hospital for almost an hour now, and the doctors still weren't done examining Lewis.

She was beyond happy that she and Mirabelle were able to get him on time, and she didn't even want to imagine what would have happened if Darren hadn't come clean and told them what Zane had done. All she wanted to do right now was see Lewis, and make sure he was okay, and after, tell Zane a thing or two about how she felt towards him at the moment.

She had been trying to keep her cool after the whole hydrant incident, and now, she couldn't believe she felt even a smidge of guilt for what happened to the jerk. If she saw him at this moment, she would have him submerged underwater for as long as Lewis was, let him have a taste of his own medicine. She is so pissed to the point that she doesn't care how murderous her thoughts are.

"Here" her dad says handing her a cup of tea.

He'd been there with her the whole time, and she really appreciated it. Lewis's parents were in the room with the doctors. They are equally as distraught as she is, if not more.

"Thanks." Cleo says as she collects the cup from him.

"You know he's gonna be fine right?" Her dad asks staring at her in sympathy. He knew just how close his daughter was to Lewis, and even how she really felt about him even though he'd never openly admit it. She would always be his little girl.

Cleo takes a deep breath. "I'll believe that, when I see him" she responds, and takes a sip of her tea. It did nothing to calm her nerves.

"Lewis is a strong boy Cleo, you of all people know that." Her dad states and takes a sip of his own coffee.

"I know, it's just.. you should've seen him dad..." She begins, then backtracks knowing fully well she wouldn't be able to explain her rescue mission.

"I did see him, and that's why I'm saying this: Lewis will be fine" he says obviously referring to the time Lewis was in the ambulance.

Cleo leans back, resting her head on the wall. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, she really just wants to see Lewis. She'd been unable to shake off the image of him in the water, that had to be the scariest thing she'd ever experienced and she was going to make sure Zane got what was coming to him.

"What even happened to Lewis anyway? How in the world did he end up stranded in the middle of the ocean. I saw the police talking to the  Bennett and Lockwood kids, I wonder what their involvement in the whole fiasco is?" Her dad says trying to make sense of the situation.

Cleo goes to answer, but is interrupted.

"Cleo?" She looks up to see Lewis's mom Linda, standing in front of Lewis's room door. Needless to say, she looked stressed.

"Yeah, Cleo answers immediately standing up. "Is Lewis alright?" She asks, walking up to Linda, her dad following behind her.

Linda gives a small smile. "The doctor says he'll be okay, he just needs to rest, and not be stressed out unnecessarily. It seems his body is still in shock from everything that happened. They were very surprised when they figured out just how long he may have been underwater, says it's a miracle he's even... Alive.." she chokes a bit as she tries to hold back the tears, the reality of how serious the situation was, dawning on her.