Rikki's POV

Monday. The dreaded first day of the week. It was the most hated day of the week, because it meant the end of the weekend, and the beginning of work for some, while for others, it symbolizes the beginning of school, or as Rikki mildly put it ' The place fun goes to die and maybe a little bit of one's soul '.
Honestly, she didn't understand why school was mandatory for anyone, let alone teenagers. Half or most of the things they were taught, were stuff they were never EVER going to use. Imagine calculus, math, and her all time favorite HISTORY. The thought alone makes her shiver.
It's not like she was opposed to the education system, she just saw it as an absolute waste of time. Time that could be better spent doing this that actually matters to her. Like eating, sleeping, or as of right now, SWIMMING. Ever since she got her tail, it seems all she thinks of is swimming, it's gotten so bad, she's already begun to have vivid dreams about the ocean, like it was calling out to her or something. Last night was not any different. She kept tossing and turning in her sleep, and when she woke up this morning, her whole body felt hot to the touch. When she got up from her bed, she found that she somehow burnt her sheet. There was literally a burn mark the size of her body. ' How in the world did that happen? '.
She didn't have time to think though, because her dad was already yelling outside the for her to hurry up, because it was her first day, and she was gonna be late. Not a great way to start the semester.
Rikki decided to have a cold shower because she still felt hot all over. She was careful not to touch anything as she made her way to her bathroom. She wasn't sure how she made that burn mark on her bed, so avoiding everything else seems smart enough.
The moment the water hit her however, and she feels the tightness in her tummy, she knew it might have been better to avoid the shower all together.

" Oh shit " she says as she falls to the floor, her legs becoming a tail.

How could she have forgotten something as crucial as this?

" I blame it on the heat " she mutters to herself.

Either way, she sits under the running water until she could feel her body temperature somewhat normalize. By the time she was up and out of the bathroom, she was almost 30 minutes late for school.

" Well crap " she says as she looks at the clock while getting dressed.

" Rikki, what the F are you doing up there, you're already late and it's your first day! " her dad yells again from downstairs.

" I'm F-ing coming okay, sheesh! " she yells back.

" Don't use that tone of voice with me young lady and come have breakfast! " he says and leaves.

Rikki only rolls her eyes at this. He said she was late and now he wants her to have breakfast. She picks up her backpack, and them stuffs the burned sheet under her bed ' I'll deal with you later ' she thinks. Assuming she could get through the day without getting into trouble.
It's not like she went looking for trouble, shit just always seem to happen around her, which was why she had already been to three schools in the past year. Although her dad won't admit it, she knew he hated moving around a lot because it always meant taking on a new job along the way. Some of the time, the jobs he could manage couldn't take of some of their basic needs, and it frustrated him to no end. Even now, things weren't looking up for them financially, hell, even keeping up with the rent of this house wasn't an easy feat.
She loves her old man, and she was going to make sure that this time, they didn't move because of her shit. She'll eat sushi before it happens again. But first, she had to figure out this whole mermaid fiasco before it put a damper on things, though she had a feeling it was inevitable.

" It's about F-ing time " her dad says as he sees her coming down the stairs two at a time.

" Morning " she grumbles back to him.

" What's got you in a foul mood this morning, that time of the month again? " her dad teases.

" I'm not in the mood for shit dad cut it out " she sighs.

He just laughs. This was a regular occurrence with them -cussing- it was kind of their thing. Their father daughter relationship wasn't always peachy, but it was better than most people had. In fact, her dad was the reason she cursed a lot. He was somewhat of a bad influence on her, but then again, she was his only child.

" Gotta go dad. Can't be tardy on my first day " she says after eating a few pancakes, and licking syrup from her finger tips.

" Oh, since when did you start caring about tardiness? " her dad teases.

She just laughs " Later old man. I'll try not to get into trouble today kay " she leans up and pecks him.

" I'll hold you to it " he says as she runs out the door.

Rikki gets on her BMX bicycle and rides off to school. This bike was the most expensive she owned, and therefore, her baby. She took care of it religiously, because she knew how hard her dad worked to get it for her. That made it all the more precious.

* * * * *
Hello, ladies and gentlemen!

Another chapter up, great right?

This is more like a filler chapter, it's from Rikki's POV. I just wanted y'all to have an insight on her life. I feel like that was something the show never really worked on, since most of the scenes were shot either at Cleo or Emma's house. So comment and let me know what you think.

Till next time Adieu!

Luwiza out ✌