Getting Tails (Part 1)

The next day, which was Sunday, started out quite normally for the girls.

Emma, who was on her schools swim team and also one of the best swimmers in the state, decided not to waste her Sunday by lounging around at home doing nothing. She set off to the beach in hope of a nice swim to get her mind off of the events of yesterday on the island.

When she had gotten home the previous evening, her parents had been worried sick about her, and kept bombarding her with a lot of questions. After a lot of doting from her parents and explanations from her, they finally let it go. She was sure though that it was not because they were satisfied with her explanations that they let it go, but had more to do with the fact that they could tell that she was in no mood to talk and so, they let her sleep.

Her younger brother Elliot was already asleep when she got home, so she was spared another round of questioning.

Even though her brother was only eleven years old, he tended to act more mature than his age and was very protective of her so she knew he wasn't going to let it go until he was  sure that she was fine. Which is why she snuck out of the house before he woke up this morning. It's not like she was avoiding him, she just couldn't with him at the moment. All she wanted was to swim to her heart content.

With a smile on her face, she let her towel drop to reveal her white bikini set. She runs into the water. 10 seconds in, and she started to feel strange in her tummy and when she looked down, her legs weren't legs anymore instead they were somehow a long fish tail! With scales and everything!.

It was long and the scales almost looked like they were made of ice, because of how white it was. From her waist it was skin that started to fade into scales, making the tail an extension of her legs. It didn't stop there. Her boobs were also covered with pale scales. Just her boobs, nowhere else. Her entire back was exposed no scale on sight until her butt where the tail started from.

Emma was so stunned, she rubbed her eyes several times to be sure she wasn't dreaming.

" What in the world " she whispered.

She looked around to be sure if anyone saw what happened. To her relief, no one seemed to be paying attention to her. She took a deep breath and submerged to hide out of sight.

While under water, she looked down at her tail, and as she did, a strand of hair got in the way, and she froze again. This strand was white. As white as her tail, she couldn't believe it. She pulled more of her hair to her face and saw that her normally dirty blonde hair now had some white strands in it. Emma was so shocked, she didn't know when she stopped holding her breath and when she realized, she freaked out even more, because she found that she could ' breathe ' under water. She could F-ing breathe and she was astounded.

Emma had a guy feeling this had something to do with Mako island, and if that was so, she had to find Cleo  and Rikki fast.

She then swam off to a more secluded part of the beach, and crawled out behind rocks. She didn't know if this was permanent, and if it was, how the hell was she supposed to get to the others. She didn't have her legs which means she's practically immobile. She couldn't just crawl up on land, people would see and she could already picture how that would end.

She didn't have her phone on her or at all because yesterday she had dove under water with it in her pocket, and it got damaged.

Suddenly she felt her tail start to tingle, she looked and saw that her tail was starting to dry up and disappear. She watched in amazement as her tail became legs again.

" Holy shit " she whispers.

It was like nothing ever happened, like she didn't have a freaking tail minutes ago. Anyone who saw her now wouldn't even think she'd so much as let her feet get wet.