Telling Lewis.

Cleo, Emma, Rikki and Lewis, are in a secluded area of the beach, sitting on a boulder. Lewis is sitting in between Emma and Cleo, while Rikki is on the other side of Emma. They have just finished explaining everything about their situation to him, atleast the much they knew.

" So let me get this straight " Lewis says " you freeze things, " he says to Emma who confirms with a nod and a smile " you boil things, " he faces Rikki who winks with a smirk " and you explode things? " He asks Cleo. She only nods, her face downcast.
" This is amazing. " He breathes running his hands through his blonde curls with a short laugh.

" Yeah, we know. But if you tell anyone, in gonna maime you, and sell your parts on the black market " Rikki  threatens acting serious.

Cleo and Emma giggle at Lewis's facial expression.

" I'm not stupid, If anyone found out about you, you'd end up a science experiment. I'm more of a friend before a scientist.. I know where my loyalties lie. " He states looking at Cleo, who avoids his gaze while fiddling her thumbs, a habit she had when she felt guilty or nervous, or both.

" Right.. just making sure. " Rikki says, then stands up with a stretch " well, this has been a rather eventful day, but I've gotta bolt. It's my turn to make dinner, and my dad is gonna murder me if I'm late. So bye, and see you at school tomorrow " she says as she swings her backpack on her shoulder, and walks to her bicycle.

" I also have to get going." Emma says standing up "Any later, and I'll miss my curfew which will result in an irritating lecture from my parents and I do not have the mental stamina for it. See you both at school tomorrow " Emma says as she leaves on her bicycle.

" Bye guys! " Lewis yells and waves slightly as they leave. Cleo just looks on, her mind elsewhere.

They both sit in silence for a while, until Lewis speaks up.

" Were you ever going to tell me? " He asks, his voice sounding hurt.

Cleo takes a deep breath before she answers " yes, I was.. only if the others agreed... Please understand Lewis, it wasn't just my secret to share... And I..." Her voice cracks as she begins to cry, the whole situation crashing in on her.

Lewis immediately holds her small face in his big palms, wiping the tears away as they fell.

" Hey, hey shhh it's okay Clay, I'm not mad.. " he tilts her chin so she can look at him " I'm not mad.. I just wish you'd have trusted me more that's all " he explains quietly.

Cleo holds the hand that was cupping her cheek still " I do trust you, " she starts " it's just, everything happened so fast, and we didn't know how to deal with it. I just thought we could fix it without anyone having to find out about it... And I was... Scared Lewis.. I was scared you'd see me differently, or worse, you'd be afraid of me. Let's face it Lewis, I'm not normal.. I'm a freak.. " her voice comes out in a whisper " and I don't know what's going to happen to us from now on, and I don't want anything to change between us because of this." She finishes quietly looking at the ground, her eyes still watery.

" Cleo... " Lewis says, raising her head up to look at him again " nothing is going to change the way I feel about you. Whether or not you have powers and can grow a tail, does not change the fact that you are my Cleo, you're just more special than you were before. So don't be afraid yeah, I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere " he states pecking her cheek softly.

" Promise? " Cleo asks with watery eyes still.

" Promise." He says pecking her again.

" Oh Lewis " Cleo breathes and throws her arms around his neck, in a tight hug. She takes a deep breath, inhaling his scent as it assured her that he was never leaving her " thank you. " She says into his neck.

" Don't mention it " he says into her hair, his heart racing a mile a minute, at their extremely close proximity.

Cleo had no idea how much he loved her, and would do anything for her. He'd loved her since they were kids, even before he'd saved her from those bullies. But he could never tell her because he wasn't sure she felt the same, and he didn't want to ruin their friendship. He'd have to be content with this for now.

" As much as I'd like to sit here like this Clay, it's getting pretty late, and we have school tomorrow " Lewis says as he gently disengages the hug.

" You're right. My dad's gonna have my head if I'm any later than 7:00 " Cleo replies sniffing and wiping her eyes with the back of her hands.

Lewis stands up pulling her with him " come on, I'll drop you off "

Cleo smiles at him " thanks " she says.

Cleo wasn't sure the status of she and Lewis's relationship right now, but she knew that they were a lot closer than before, and that he would always be there for her. She was so happy that he knew now, and didn't push her away. It was if a huge load had been lifted off her shoulders.

Now that he knew, she was more confident of the future, though still unsure, it didn't matter. She had Lewis.

She watched Lewis ride off into the distance, as she stood on her front porch smiling to herself until he was out of sight.

' tommorow might be a good day ' she thinks as she walks into the house shutting the door behind her.

If only she knew that there were more surprises coming their way.

# # # #

Sup lovely people!! How's it going?!
I hope y'all are still tryna stay positive amidst this pandemic period, it's hard, but it's worth the shot.

Is it just me, or is Lewis the coolest bestie on the planet. I love how he's so supportive, that kinda friend is rare.

Thanks for still sticking around to read this book, I promise it'll only get better from here.

I'll be introducing the new characters in the next chapter, so stay tuned.

Please vote, comment and share the book to all your friends and family.

Till next time,

Luwiza out ✌️