Power Testing.

—---------------------------------

'I can't believe you lost her!' Emma yells at Mirabelle.

'She was coming right behind me, I have no idea when she got lost so don't put this on me!' Mirabelle defends.

'Everyone just calm down okay, Cleo's a big girl I'm pretty sure she can take care of herself, and plus, arguing and accusing one another won't solve anything.' Rikki tries to reason.

'It's easy for you to say, after all she isn't your responsibility and you're not the one who's going to get hounded if anything bad happens to her.' Emma retorts.

Rikki furrows her eyebrows confused.

'You make it sound like she's a toddler and you're her guardian or some shit.' she says.

Emma ignores her statement and begins to panic.
'I'm dead, Mr Setori is going to kill me, I'm going to get arrested and thrown in jail for the rest of my life! No more college, becoming a billionaire, travelling the world, getting my first kiss, it's all over!' she yells as she swims back and forth clearly stressed.

Rikki tries to control her smile upon hearing her confessions.
'Oh wow' she can't help but think.

Mirabelle is almost as stressed as Emma, and tries to recall the last place she saw her.
'We were swimming through tall reefs when I last saw her, maybe we should start there?' she suggests.

Emma stops pacing and turns to her with  big eyes.
'Which tall reefs, we swam past a lot of them, how are we supposed to find her in this massive ocean?!' she asks, getting in her face.

'We could ask the fishes if they've seen her.' Rikki suggests jockingky.

Emma turns to face her so quickly, it's a miracle she didn't get whiplash.
'Do you think this is funny Rikki, do you have any idea what would happen to us if something bad happens to Cleo?' she says lowly as she stops inches away from Rikki.

Rikki frowns and pushes her away from her face.
'First of all, personal space, and second of all, you're being completely paranoid and a little bit crazy right now. Cleo is alright, I'm pretty sure she just got distracted by some corals or seashells and decided to admire them instead of racing with us. For all we know she's probably getting makeovers from clown fish or some shit like that.' she replies simply and swims around Emma, towards the entrance of the opening.

Mirabelle follows after her but they both stop when they hear Cleo's thoughts.

'I can't believe I lost them, thank goodness for those barracudas or I'd for sure be a goner.' She thinks, concerned.

'Cleo!' Emma yells, and turbo swims right to her giving her a tight hug.

Rikki and Mirabelle exchange glances, with Rikki making the crazy sign with her fingers.

'We were so worried about you, and what…happened to you?' Emma asks, finally taking a good look at Cleo.

Mirabelle and Rikki swim closer to examine Cleo's appearance, especially her hair. She had seashells and seaweed sticking out of it from all angles, and somehow got pearls woven into her blue highlights. She had a big necklace made out of corals and more seaweed on her, including identical bangles on her wrists.

'You look like you just got back from an underwater circus show, and you were the main event.' Rikki jabs.

Mirabelle giggles.
'She's not wrong.' she concurs.

'It's a long story, but the short version: Clown fish love makeovers.' Cleo answers with a faraway look in her eyes as if reliving a horrendous memory.

Everyone bursts out laughing.