A Day In The Water.

This chapter is dedicated to ALL my loyal readers, who waited for me despite my very long and very unplanned hiatus. Thank you and ENJOY!!! ❤️

*********************
Rikki lay at the bottom of the ocean at a depth of 30ft and was watching the fishes as they swam by. She smiles when a mother flounder passed her with a baby at it's heels trying desperately to catch up with it's small fins. She decides to give it an extra boost by heating up the water around it causing bubbles to propel it forward so fast that it bumps into its mother who then turns around to give it a good scolding before they scurry off.

She sighs, thoroughly enjoying herself at the moment. She places both hands behind her head, the movement causing her hair to float in front of her face blocking her vision. She closes her eyes and just listens to the sound of the water and the fishes going about their daily lives. The ocean was serene and she couldn't remember the last time she was this relaxed.

'What are you doing?' A nagging voice rings in her head.

She opens her eyes to see Emma right above her a questioning look on her face, arms crossed. She rolls her eyes, knowing her moment of peace was over.

'Solving global warming.' She answers sarcastically and rolls out from under Emma. She begins to swim away.

'Ha ha very funny, where are you going?' Emma asks following her.

'Away from you.' Rikki answers dismissively.

Suddenly she feels something cold hit her back, pushing her forward. She catches herself before she hits the sand and immediately swivels around to glare at Emma.

'Why you little…' she begins.

'I don't know, I seem to have gotten better at that wouldn't you agree' Emma says with a smirk while making a show of examining her finger nails.

'Aargh!' Rikki screams and lunges for her in fury.

Emma expertly ducks out of the way, her laughter ringing out in Rikki's head causing her anger to heighten. She lunges again, and this time Emma swims upward leaving a load of bubbles in her wake engulfing Rikki.

'That's it!' Rikki yells.

She then heats up water between her palms causing hot bubbles to rapidly appear before aiming at a still laughing Emma. It hits her square in the face causing her to gasp in shock and fall to the sand on her back. Now, it was Rikki's turn to laugh.

'Ugh!' Emma growls.

She begins to form an ice ball in anger, Rikki imitates, making her own heat bubble in equal vigor. They launch it at each other simultaneously causing both balls to crash against each other, the force sending them flying in opposite directions. They both get up trying to regain their balance when Cleo and Mirabelle turbo swim and stop right in their middle.

'What is going on here?!' Mirabelle asks annoyed.

'She started it!' Emma and Rikki say simultaneously, pointing accusing fingers at each other.

'Oh boy.' Cleo thinks, disappointed at their behavior.

'Seriously, it's like we can't leave you two alone unsupervised for even a second' Mirabelle says feeling very frustrated.

'I thought we were past this by now. Don't you think you're a little too old to be causing this kind of trouble all the damn time?' Cleo reprimands obviously peeved at them.

'This wouldn't have happened if Ice Bitch over here handn't thrown a frigging ice ball at me!' Rikki justifies angrily.

'I only did that to teach you some manners. You don't walk away when your elders are talking to you.' Emma retorts smugly, with her arms folded and her hips cocked to the side sassily.