Excorcism Or Nay?

Their moment is interrupted by a knock on the door. Cleo stands just as the door opens and Rikki saunters in, along with Emma and Mirabelle.

"Rikki, when you knock, you're supposed to wait for those inside to respond before you go in"  Emma reprimands a nonchalant Rikki.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't taught that at finishing school" Rikki offhandedly retorts.

Emma wants to respond but decides there are more important things to deliberate at the moment.

"How are you Lewis?" Mirabelle asks concerned.

"I'm a lot better now, thanks." He responds with a weak smile on his face, and looks back to Cleo.

"You really had us worried there for a while" Emma says, relief evident in her voice.

"Well, thanks to an angel, or more like angels, I'm still alive and I won't be going away anytime soon." Lewis responds, utterly grateful to Cleo and Mirabelle for saving his life.

"Don't mention it Lewis, you're a friend and neither of us had second thoughts." Mirabelle says with a smile.

"And besides," Cleo begins, wiping her damp eyes "you would have done the same for us" she adds, looking at Lewis tenderly while holding on to his hand.

They stare at each other for a while, almost forgetting they had company.

"Alright," Rikki says suddenly after clearing her throat to get their attention, "what are we gonna do about the vermin AKA Zane Bennett?"
Rikki asks seriously.

At the mention of his name, the mood in the room changes instantly and becomes quite tense.

"Ahh, I see we all still remember him" she adds with a smirk.

"I can't believe he did something like this. I mean, I always knew he wasn't a good person, but this is a whole new level of evil!" Mirabelle sneers, disdain clear in her voice.

"You can say that again, it's like he doesn't have a heart. I honestly didn't expect him to take the beef this far, he could have killed you!" Emma remarks in disgust.

"Well, to be honest I'm not surprised in the slightest. Zane's an overgrown asswipe who needs to be taught a lesson or ten, otherwise he's only gonna get worse from here on out. So exorcism, or nay?" Rikki suggests darkly, the fire evident in her eyes.

"Seriously, an exorcism, now I know you've lost it" Emma says with a roll of her eyes.

"No, I think Rikki is right this time." Mirabelle says thoughtfully.

Rikki and Emma gape at her.

"What..." She says looking at them with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You think I'm right about exorcising that peon?" Rikki states surprised.

"Yeah, I mean how else do you explain what he did today if not demon possession" Mirabelle adds to further solidify her point.

"I'm pretty sure that kind of thing only happens in movies Belle." Emma says, honestly confused as to why this was even a topic of conversation.

"And what makes you so sure, oh wise and majestic one" Rikki remarks sarcastically.

"Because it's not scientifically accurate oh awfully dimwitted one" Emma retorts equally as sarcastic.

"We're living proof that science isn't always accurate, I mean we grow tails the moment we touch water, how can you explain that Bride of Einstein" Rikki responds, irked at being called dimwitted.

Emma goes to say something but Cleo interrupts.

"Guys, now is not the time to argue about what is accurate and what isn't. At the end of the day, only Lewis can make a decision about Zane and we'll just have to support him no matter what it is" she says with a reassuring squeeze to Lewis's hand.

"Thanks Clay." Lewis says with nothing but adoration in his eyes as he looks at her.

"Wow..." Rikki drawls "do you two need some alone time, cause I really don't wanna be a cockblocker or anything like that." She adds with a suggestive tone.

Emma facepalms, Mirabelle laughs, and Cleo and Lewis looked about red as a tomato.

"Seriously." Emma says exasperated.

"What? Don't act like you don't see the googley eyes they've been giving each other since we got here." Rikki defends.

At the mention of 'googley eyes',  Mirabelle doubles over in laughter.

"Yes, I saw it, but it's not polite to point such things out Rikki. Now you've made them uncomfortable." Emma scolds.

Rikki just rolls her eyes at this.

Cleo and Lewis still haven't been able to say a word, and Mirabelle is still laughing uncontrollably. Rikki can't help but join in on the laughing, Mirabelle's laugh was contagious. Emma joins in too, and soon the whole room is having a good laugh, each one momentarily forgets what's at stake.

They are all so caught up in the moment that they don't notice the door open, and Lewis's parents entering the room accompanied by some other people.

"Um.." Max begins, clearing his throat to get their attention.

The laughter dies out and everyone goes back to serious mode. The others in the room turn out to be police men, and Lewis suddenly feels nervous. He tightens his hold on Cleo's hand and she gives him a reassuring smile, she wasn't going anywhere.

"The police are here to get your statement son" Max adds, not at all happy with the situation.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Emma asks, concern lacing her voice.

"I have to. Who knows what Zane might do again" Lewis responds convinced.

"Okay, " she says "we'll be outside if you need us" she squeezes his shoulder and heads for the door followed by Mirabelle. Rikki doesn't move.

"That includes you too Rikki." Emma adds with a sigh. She honestly felt like she was babysitting a four year old at times.

"Fine..." Rikki mutters "see you later buddy" she adds with a friendly punch to Lewis's shoulder, causing him to wince a bit.

"Yeah, bye guys" Lewis says while rubbing the part  she punched.

As soon as they leave, everyone takes a breath as the police begin their questioning.

# # # #

Hey lovelyz! I know this chapter isn't as long as usual, but that's because it's a filler chapter and yours truly is still recovering from a cold, so please bear with me.

I wanted this chapter to be a little light hearted cause everything's been so serious lately, and the next chapter is going to be more serious.

I don't know when I'll update again, but it won't be too long, I promise.

Please vote and comment

Song Suggestion: Permission To Dance by BTS 💜

Till next time

Luwiza out ✌️