Netflix and Chill

Emma and Mirabelle had been studying for about 2 hours when the doorbell goes.

" It must be Cleo and Rikki. " Mirabelle says as she gets up from the floor and heads out the room to the front door, followed by Emma.

She opens the door to reveal Cleo and Rikki with a load of junk food in hand.

" How's it going Bella? " Rikki greets as she walks past Mirabelle into the house followed by an almost perspiring who just happened to be carrying more of the supplies than Rikki, she quickly goes to help her much to Cleo's relief.

" It's going great actually. " Mirabelle responds as they get to the kitchen and deposit all the stuff on the island.

" What's all this stuff for anyway? " Emma asks snagging a pack of Cheetos from the array of junk food on the island.

" This was Rikki's idea, we were supposed to have been here hours ago, but she decided to have a midmorning snack run despite my protests. " Cleo complains while getting a glass of water from the tap. She uses a straw to avoid getting water on herself.

" Hey, don't go complaining when you were the one that picked out all the snacks because apparently my choices were a recipe for diabetes or some shit. " Rikki defends from where shes sitting and devouring cheese balls in a very unladylike manner.

" It's not my fault that every single thing you picked contained more than a 100 calories. I don't know about you, but I'd like to keep my figure thank you very much " Cleo retorts.

" Are you saying I'm fat. " Rikki states more than asks amused.

Before Cleo can respond, Mirabelle interrupts. " Well, whatever the case, it was a good call, Emma and I were already famished actually " she says with a box of Pringles in hand as she munches on a piece.

This makes Rikki smile in triumph. " You're welcome Em. " She says smugly.

Emma just rolls her eyes at this. It seemed to have become a regular habit in Rikki's presence.

" So.. " Cleo begins, returning the glass cup to it's rightful place, " what are we doing today? " She asks no one in particular.

Rikki starts to say something but is immediately shut down by Cleo. " And do not say swimming " she adds firmly.

" Well, I'm out of ideas " Rikki says deflated and goes back to her cheese balls.

" We could watch a movie, " Emma suggests after sometime.

" Ooh ooh or a K-drama series on Netflix " Mirabelle pipes in enthusiastically.

" What does that mean? " Cleo asks, not familiar with the term.

" It means Korean dramas " Mirabelle answers.

" Oh.. " everyone says in unison.

" I've never watched them before, but I hear they're really good. " Emma says as she puts a chip in her mouth.

" Oh they're just amazing, I guarantee you'll be hooked after just one. And not to mention the men are real Lookers. " Mirabelle says while wiggling her eyebrows slyly.

" Sold! " Rikki suddenly yells, causing a startled Emma to freeze her bag of Cheetos instantly.

" Crap. What the shit Rikki. " She says, after dropping the bag on the floor. It breaks apart on impact and Emma places her palm on her chest to calm her racing heart.

" Oops, sorry " Rikki says smirking, not feeling the least bit remorseful.

" Are you okay Em? " Cleo asks as she goes to stand beside her. Mirabelle does the same.