Electric Kiss (part 1)

This chapter is dedicated to BishAshBoe2001, you rock! 🌟

* * *

Mirabelle doesn't know how long she has been walking for, she doesn't even know where she is at the moment. She's been so caught up in her thoughts that she took the wrong turn home without even realizing it.

The sun was setting, and when she looked at her watch, it was half past six. Mirabelle had left her bike at school and called the butler to come and get it because she wanted to walk and just clear her head, which had been a mess for the past four days now all thanks to the jerk Darren Lockwood. She just couldn't understand him. One minute he was mean to her, cornering her in the janitors closet and threatening her, the next he almost kisses her, and now he was acting like he never even knew her, and that moment they shared was only a figment of her imagination.

What annoyed Mirabelle the most was that the said moment mattered so much to her, and she didn't know why. She was one hundred percent sure that she hated him at one point, but now it seemed as though what she  thought was hate, could have been the opposite this whole time. That knowledge confused her to no end. She had been so affected that when she saw Antoinette all over him in the cafeteria, she had to leave to stop herself from electrocuting the life out of the slut just to get her off of him permanently.

When and how she became so possessive of Darren, she had no idea, but she didn't care. She just wishes he'll talk to her at least and help her understand what was happening between them because honestly, she was so close to loosing her shit.

Mirabelle tries to retrace her steps and finds herself in an eerie looking alleyway. Mirabelle felt as though she was being followed, so she takes off her headset which was blasting 'Electric Kiss' by EXO and places it around her neck so she could hear her surroundings. Her heart raises a cresendo when she hears footsteps coming from behind her fast. She doesn't waste any time and starts to run out of the alley, she's about to run into the street when a large hand grabs her arm roughly and pushes her up against the wall.

"Now where do you think you're going pretty little girl, I only want to play with you" a deep sickly voice says  very close to her ear.

"Let me go or I'll scream, I'm warning you" Mirabelle says with her eyes closed, and trying to sound threatening. She is beyond horrified.

"Now that won't be necessary, I've only come to deliver a message for Darren and you're the fastest way to get it to him" the man says in a menacing tone.

At the mention of Darren's name, Mirabelle's eyes swing open and she stares at the man in shock. She feels a surge of energy unfurling in her chest, and she does nothing to supress it.

"What about Darren, what do you want want with him?" She asks, her voice firmer than a second ago.

"Oh don't worry you'll know soon enough darling, but for now... Let's have some fun shall we" the man says coolly, and it was then that Mirabelle feels the cold metal pressed to her lower stomach. It was a gun, and Mirabelle could feel her heartbeat skyrocket again.

"Now be quiet, this will only take an hour, depending on how good you are. Any sudden movement, and my hand could... Slip" the man states with a perverted smile on his face.

Mirabelle gulps and focuses her mind on the energy encompassing her body. The man begins to lower his head to her neck, but Mirabelle does not wait for the contact as she steps on his toes hard hearing a satisfying crunch, then immediately knees him in the groin making him double over in pain as he clutches his privates with both hands. She then holds him by the throat and effortlessly lifts him off the ground  with her eyes blazing an electric blue.