thirty four - costume party's over

It didn't surprise me when I heard that Li was hiding out with Dax and his men. Dax owns a transportation business, his lorries and boats would carry shipments like drugs and weapons from England to their designated locations. 

Xanders expertly circled the HALO around the docks, Dax was expecting a shipment to come in tonight so we're moving in dark. I shifted the night-vision goggles over my eyes, once the light changed from red to green I leaped out the opening of the aircraft watching the team follow in pursuit. 

"Move in, once we land." I called through the radio, fighting the velocity of the wind pushing against my face.

We landed swiftly cutting the parachutes from our waists and stalked through the cargos on the docks, keeping an eye on Dax's men guarding the perimeter. The shipyard was lit up by a few headlamps which soon won't be a problem.

"Kill the lights."

Quarrels and shouts erupted as the power cuts off. Their men were working in the dark and we had eyes everywhere. I rounded the corner moving forward my vision was filled with different shades of green, three men to my right stumbling around with their arms outstretched trying to indicate where they were going. I fired a silent bullet at the closest male shooting his thigh. "What in the bloody hell was that?" His friend asked going for his gun. 

The man groans collapsing to the floor with a thud, "Someone's just shot me man!" 

"Dude I promise it wasn't me this time."

"I swear if it was you Derek...I'll sleep with your wife."

"You know what? For that comment I'll shoot your other leg - which one did you get shot in?" 

Rubbing my temples I walked away from the three musketeers leaving them to their own petty selves. I wasn't here to slaughter his men, the objective was to get Li Wei and if Dax's men suffer in the process then that's on Li.

"Anyone got eyes on Li or Dax." I inquired moving towards the warehouse where all the shipments were kept.

A chorus of 'no boss' echoes through the radio. Something wasn't right, there weren't as many men on the docks as usual. No security outside the warehouse. "Moving into the warehouse." I kicked open the steel door with my gun aimed in front of me, but there were no signs of movement on the ground. This wasn't right. It was too quiet.

"Look who it is." I heard a robotic voice beam through the speakers, instantly I tightening my grip on the gun. "I really didn't think you would fall for this Letoya, but I guess I was wrong." My eyes kept scanning the place, but clearly he wasn't here.

"Your men are outnumbered Dax, there's no need for anymore bloodshed, just give us Li and we'll be out of London." I spoke audibly whilst searching behind the wooden crates.

"Oh but there's one problem." He cooed. "We're not in London." My jaw clenched, it was a trap and I should've known he would pull something like this.

Just as the team arrives dispersing around the warehouse, my foot comes into contact with something wrapped in a cloth. Steadily I peeled the fabric over - revealing a C4 explosive on a timer. With 60 seconds left on the red digital clock.

"Move out." I snapped. "Everyone out. Now!" I didn't have to repeat myself as the men exerted the warehouse with speed. 

"What is it?" Robin asks with her eyebrow knitted together behind the goggles.

"They're not here, we need to exfill before this place blows up." 

She nods in agreement calling for Xanders to return with the HALO. The men piled into the opening at the tail of the aircraft, I was the last to go on.