nineteen - forget

I was listening to this song whilst writing it and I think it goes really well with this chapter.

"At some point we all have to choose between what the world wants you to be and who you are." - Natasha Romanoff

Third-person narrative.

The Hotel lobby was more lively than usual, filled with Russians and tourists talking and laughing. One particular redhead sat by the bar dressed in her signature tight black clothing caressing the glass of scotch on the rocks in her right hand. If you look closely you could see the slight rise in her left eyebrow but apart from that, her face revealed no emotions. A young man walked in stealing the attention of all the girls in that lobby, sliding into a seat next to her.

"I'll have what she's having," the man said to the bartender before turning his attention to the redhead next to him. "Sweetheart talk to me, what's going on?"

"Nothing to talk about," she replied flatly whilst staring at her drink.

"Alright then let's talk about you and Roman, or is it Theo?" He questioned crossing his arms over his chest.

The redhead sighed taking another large sip of her drink, "She reminded me of myself.. the girl." She spoke almost a whisper.

"So that's why you called off the plan..." It sounded like a question but the man knew that was the answer.

"We were going to blow up that whole building, those kids were innocent Gabe. They didn't ask to be there...they didn't want to be there." She paused, "I'm exactly who he wants me to be."

Gabe placed a hand on her shoulder, "That's not true, you made the right call. Those kids are safe with Ana and now they're going back home.. after some needed therapy. Thanks to you."

The redhead met his gaze and placed her hand on top of his giving it a light squeeze.

The heartwarming exchange between the two had distracted them from what was going on in the lobby, three large men and a dark-haired women made their way towards the pair at the bar. The women stood in between the seats of Gabe and LeToya, whilst the men stood behind them in a semi-circle structure. Immediately LeToya's hand went to her gun in her waistband.

"Wouldn't do that if I were you," The women said picking up the scotch and finishing it.

LeToya ignored the women's advice as she took her gun out discreetly pointing it at the women's stomach under the bar, "that was my drink." She said pushing the muzzle into her.

"Sweetheart..." Gabe said as one of the men had pulled out his own gun pointing it at Gabe discreetly.

"Should've listened," was all the women said before the two went limp.

The hotel lobby was still lively, filled with Russians and tourists. Yet no one had noticed the large men carrying the two unconscious bodies out the back exit.

***

LeToya's pov

I stirred awake, looking around. Grey walls surrounded me as I sat in a metal chair strapped in by ropes and chains, In front of me was a long rectangular mirror in the wall. A two-way mirror.

The door slowly opened, a man walked in followed by that bitch who was at the bar. I immediately tensed looking at the man in front of me, I held his stare. He had his father's eyes.

"An 8 million bounty on the streets and no one has even tried to claim it, all it took was 10 minutes. 10 minutes of you letting your guard down." He said proudly standing in front of me.

"Where is he?" I asked through my gritted teeth.

"Oh your little boyfriend, I thought you'd never ask." The Russian man said before knocking on the mirror twice causing it to turn transparent. What was behind that mirror made my blood run cold, my brain stutters for a moment and my eyes take in more light than I expected, every part of me goes on pause while my thoughts catch up.

Gabe was strapped to a hospital bed, with metal wires attached to his head.

I knew exactly what he was doing because I've seen them do this before. 

To someone who was special to me.

I knew at that moment nothing was ever going to be the same again.

He appeared to be cut and bruised, his usually cheerful face was replaced with an emotionless face of exhaustion. I struggled against the restraints as the machine behind him lit up sending pulses of electricity through the wires to his head. I couldn't hear the scream but I could tell by his expression that it wasn't painless.

"Stop! Just stop Dimitri. You wanted me right?" I asked, "stop fucking with Gabe and let him go."

"You see," he paused smirking sinisterly, "if I let him go then someone else will have to take his place..."

My face paled for a second, "I'll take his place."

He chuckled, "You're weak. My father trained you for years to be the perfect killer, you were the best assassin of all time...now just look at you."

"Was that before I severed his hands off his arms and put him six feet under?" It was my turn to laugh.

His face turned red with fury, "I grew up without a father because of you, you selfish bitch!"

"And now look at you." I countered.

"I hope you've eaten because it's going to be a long night," he said smirking.

The bitch from the bar stalked towards me and untied the ropes from the chair, keeping the chains on my wrists. She shoved me toward the door grabbing my forearm and opened the other door with her other hand.

I legs carried me towards Gabe as soon as the door swung open, "Gabe.." I whispered as tears stung my eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Sweetheart, get out of here okay?" He croaked out. "You need to leave."

I rested my forehead on his, "No, you're done playing hero for the day."

The women came and took the restraints off his wrists and ankles, I whispered a message to Gabe before two men came and escorted him out.

"No! Leti no! You're not doing this. I won't let them." He screamed whilst struggling in their grip.

"It's okay," I whispered as a tear dropped down my cheek, "I love you."

That was it, he was gone and I was strapped to a machine, a machine that was used in psychiatric hospitals to make you forget.

Forget about everything.