twenty one - that wasn't nice

"He's dead," she spoke in a monotone voice whilst throwing a case of money at the man.

"Good girl," he replied attempting to stroke her hair but before his hand could make contact with her long black hair she swatted it away. 

"Fuck off Dimitri," She spat turning away from him.

He huffed in annoyance, "Don't forget who gave you a purpose, you were the one left on the side of the road with no family, no home and no food. I did you a favour bitch. Show some respect!"

She smirked and it was the type that gave you nightmares, "I bring you more money in a day than you could make in a month, so don't call me a bitch because I'm doing YOU a favour." With that, she walked out the office making sure to slam the door on the way out. 

The rooftop was Natasha's favourite place to go, it was the only place where she could think properly without any interruptions. It wasn't the quietest place, you could still hear the cars driving past but to her, it was the most peaceful place. She sat crossed-legged on the rooftop with her eyes closed, feeling the gust off wind dance around her. She doesn't think it's wrong to kill people, it was what she was programmed to do but she couldn't help to wonder where she would be right now if she wasn't here doing what she's doing.

She couldn't remember most of her childhood, she didn't have a family, she's always worked alone. That was the way she liked it, no distractions meant that she could get the job done. That was also why she was the best, she didn't show any emotions, not because she didn't want to...she just couldn't. She couldn't remember the last time she was sad or happy, she didn't feel anything. Emotions clouded your judgment, she remembered that.

A tall dark figure walked towards her from the east corner of the roof, Natasha remain sitting with her eyes closed, although if you looked close enough you could see a knife shining in her right hand which wasn't there before.

Swiftly she threw the knife aiming at the intruder's head. The figure then did something which was unforeseen causing Natasha to furrow her eyebrows. Rapidly the intruder steps to his left leaving the knife to fly straight past him. 

"That wasn't nice," The figure said in a deep voice. 

She didn't bother turning around, "Next time I'll shoot you instead.

"Still got that attitude I see," Although she couldn't see him, she knew from his playful voice that he was smirking.

"Are you here to kill me?" 

The figure walked further towards her until his face was in the moonlight, where she could easily see his masculine features. His eyes were bright blue with specks of green in, his face was well sculpted and his hair was messy with dark curls. She studied him from his freckled to his muscular chest to his polished combat boots.

She looked back up to his eyes, "I asked you a question," She repeated with her arms crossed.

"I just want to talk, come sit." He said taking a seat next to where she previously sat.

She analysed him a little longer before taking a seat beside him. He might've been larger than her but she was smarter and she will kill him if he crossed the line.

"I see why you like coming up here," he said staring into the city.

"For peace and quiet," She stated, "Unfortunately you ruined that." She noticed how his chest vibrated up and down as he chuckled. 

"You can relax, I'm not going to hurt you." He reassured glancing at her tensed body and how after every few seconds she would look at him.

"I don't believe you," She uttered tilting her head to the side.

"Here," he said showing her both his hands, "I'll keep my hands here so you know I won't try anything."

She shrugged, "I don't know you. What do you expect?"

"You really don't remember me?" he said quietly as though he was scared to say it.

"I interact with many people in my line of work, I don't think I've ever met you before." She admitted.

He nodded, "You know... you look better with red hair."

She looked puzzled, her face twisted in confusion. "I've never had red hair before?" 

"Right." The man whispered looking down at his lap, "So what's your favourite type of food?"

Natasha glared at him for a second before answering, "Italian, what about you?"

The two sat on that rooftop talking and laughing for a few hours, they both lost track of time until the sun rose to illuminate the dark sky.  

"...So he walked down to the hotel lobby in a princess costume and a tiara." The man said clutching onto his stomach as he laughed. 

Natasha stifled a laugh, "Your brother sounds like a 5-year-old. How did he become a seal?"

"He might sound like a kid, but when he puts his mind to something he's a hell of a soldier." 

Although there was a small smile on her lips, there was a glimpse of sadness on her face. "I might meet him someday." 

The man looked into her eyes with sympathy and smiled, "He would love to meet you."

"Anyways...sun's rising I should probably get to my room," She paused, "I don't know why you came up here but- I-I want to-" She stuttered fidgeting with her nails. "The only interactions I have with people are with my victims before I have to kill them, so I guess what I'm trying to say is, I appreciate you talking to me." She said turning around towards the stairs.

Again he looked at her with sorrow and worry in his eyes, "I'd do anything for you, little red."

Then she remembered, she never asked for his name, "Hey, I forgot to ask..." She spun around on the ball off her feet but he was already gone.

Walking back down to her room, Natasha felt strange but it was a good feeling. For once in her life, she felt alive. However, the smile was wiped off her face when she opened the door to her room, to find Dimitri.

"Where have you been?" He hissed, his face was turning red.

Natasha sighed in exhaustion, "Rooftop." She answered as if it wasn't obvious.

"You disobeyed me again, I told you already no one is allowed out of their rooms!" He yelled.

 "So what?" She shrugged.

"You're going to suffer the consequences," He said walking towards the door, "It time Rez paid you another visit." 

Natasha's face went cold, she wasn't scared of many things. To be frank she wasn't scared of Rez either but seeing him again was the last things she wanted.

The last time she met  Rez, he repeatedly stuck needles under her fingernails.