ten - he was worried

Half an hour later I arrived at an old warehouse just outside of New York, I used to fight here almost every day after school until I got caught up in illegal fighting, I drew too much attention to people like drug lords or gang leaders. So I stopped and joined the Royal Marines, fighting in Afghanistan was an experience for sure, I learnt a lot from the Marines.

I pushed the metal door open and walked in, the walls were still the same as the last time I remembered - grey brick walls. It had a boxing cage in the middle and a few punching bags by the far corner. I can still remember the first fight I had in that cage, it was far too easy. 

I was suddenly tackled by something heavy, "You idiot, I thought they had you." I looked up to see Gabe with a scowl on his face. 

"He's right Leti, you could of at least called to let us know you were alive." Robin said whilst pushing Gabe off me and helping me up.

I looked for Roman then spot him standing behind Robin giving me the most deadly stare and let me tell you if looks could kill...I would be in critical condition. But seriously what the hell is his problem?

Tearing my eyes away from him, I focused back on Robin and Gabe, "I am truly sorry, I was too busy having a tea party with the SWAT team." I sarcastically said.

"Excuses, excuses." Gabe muttered.

"Oh my god! Your legs." Robin shouted, I looked down at my leg and noticed a bullet hole in the middle of my thigh.

"Hm, I didn't even feel it." I shrugged.

"Hm, I didn't even feel it - title of your sex tape." Gabe laughed.

Robin and I both dramatically rolled our eyes, "Gabe just go fetch the first aid kit." Robin shouted.

Gabe looked at Robin with puppy eyes before getting up to get the kit.

"Must of been the adrenaline," I said looking at Robin.

"You have no idea how worried we've been, especially hot stuff over there." She said pointing at Roman.

"He was worried?" I asked not sounding so convinced.

"He wouldn't stop pacing, I thought the floor was going to give in and then on the way here he was muttering about having to choose between saving you or saving his job." She explained.

I looked over at Roman who was sitting on a table playing with his fingers, he looked up and suddenly I was met by his mesmerising blue eyes, I turned to look back at Robin who was opening up a first aid kit that Gabe got from the cupboard.

"This might hurt," She said with long tweezers in her hand, "I need to get the bullet out."

I sat down on one of the chairs then took my gun out off my waste band and placed it on the table. "Alright just do it." Out of no where I felt a sharp shooting pain in my thigh, I felt like I was getting stabbed repeatedly, I winced, "Ow..Ow..watch it." 

"Stop moving," She said whilst prying into my skin.

I squeezed my eyes shut trying to focus on something else, "have you got it?"

"Almost..." She trailed.

"Sweetheart, you didn't even use your gun." I opened my eyes and looked at Gabe who was holding the gun magazine which was fully loaded.

"I used theirs instead." I said squeezing my eye shut again.

"But why? Surely it would of been easier using yours."

"If I shot them with a 9mm, the bullets would go back to ballistics which would eventually trace back to me and I don't know about you but I didn't feel like getting another arrest warrant." 

"Smart thinking sweetheart, I was thinking the same thing." Gabe said causing me to roll my eyes.

"GOT IT!" Robin screamed, holding a bloody slug of a bullet in between the tweezers. 

"That hurt like a bitch." I whined.

***

I had now been showered and changed, my thigh was all bandaged up nicely, hopefully it heals fast. I limped over to where everyone was sat, "There's been a change of plans, since the feds are on a man hunt for me and probably Robin, we aren't flying to Chicago tonight instead he's coming to us."

"He?" Roman asked, "He who?"

"An old friend of mine.." I smiled, "he should be here soon, I'm sure you'll get along."

Roman just nods his head in response.

"Do you know how the FBI found us?" Robin asked.

"I got a call from Lucia on the way here, she said that they found an unknown flight on their radar which was our Jet and they spotted us on the CCTV but face rec could only pick up my face."

Lucia Green works for the FBI, she is one of their best field agents. I met her when she was sent undercover to take down a gang who were trading Military grade weapons. Turns out I was doing the same thing but I wasn't undercover, I could tell that she wasn't a gang member although she held her ground I knew she was an agent. I knew exactly how the FBI worked but I saved her life that night and she helps me out from time to time.

"Aw I miss that girl, she's so sweet. Shame she's working for that asshole." Robin said.

I looked away suddenly finding the floor very interesting to look at.

"Please don't say you spoke to him too," Robin pleaded.

"Course I didn't, I'm not stupid," I lied still looking at the floor.

"What did you say," she asked placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I just told him that his agents needed medical help," I said finally looking at her.

Her eyes widened, "And what did he say."

"He wanted me to hand myself in, Can we please talk about something else?"

"Are you talking about Tyler?" Gabe asked folding his arms over his chest.

Robin nodded as Gabe's face hardened immediately, "He comes any where near you L, and I'll blast him with a rocket grenade."

I smiled, "thanks Dad I appreciate it."

Gabe scoffed as I walked over to my bag to look for my laptop, until I heard the metal door open, immediately I pulled out my gun, seeing Gabe and Roman do the same. Robin however just pulls out a dagger, I made my way towards the door holding up a hand to tell the others to stay where they are. A grin was plastered on my face when I saw who it was, a tall light skinned man stood in the door way with dark curly hair and green eyes, standing at 6 ft 2 with broad shoulders.

"Well..well look what the cat dragged in." I said putting my gun in my waste band getting ready for a bear hug.

"Look what the dog threw up," he replied smirking.

I ran towards him and jumped wrapping my legs around his body never wanting to let go.