twelve - how bad?

We decided to stay at the warehouse and travel in the morning instead since we all needed to regain our energy and for my leg to rest. The sky was black tranquillity married to a poetry of stars. It was the softness that called body and brain to rest and let the heart go to its steady rhythm. But not me, once I close my eyes, my body tenses and my heart beats uncontrollably. So I'm sat outside on the step looking at the stars, the silence is peaceful. I enjoy sitting in silence and taking in my surroundings.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" I heard a voice coming from behind me.

So much for silence.

"Shouldn't you be asleep," I replied in the same tone still looking up at the sky. The voice took 5 steps forward and sat down next to me, I could feel the heat radiating from him.

"Still get night terrors huh?" Theo asked.

I didn't reply but instead rested my head on his shoulder taking in his welcoming scent. 

"How bad?" He continued.

"It's like it's happening all over again, like I'm frozen in place watching it happen, every night is a reminder that I wasn't there to help her, that I wasn't there to protect her when she needed me the most." My voice was barely a whisper.

"Don't blame yourself Leti, it'll kill you one day. I keep telling you that it wasn't your fault, there was nothing else we could've done. She loves you so much and if she was here right now she would punch you straight in the face for blaming yourself," Theo replied kissing the top of my head.

I chuckled knowing that's exactly what she would've done. "I'm glad you're here," I replied.

"I'm not going anywhere."

***

Although my eyes aren't open, I could tell it was morning as orange lights shine through my eyelids, I could feel the heat of the sunshine on my bare arms. Until I suddenly felt a cold muzzle between my eyebrows, I stayed completely still keeping my eyes shut as though I was still asleep. Then with agility I grabbed the gun and turned it away from me twisting the person's arm earning a yelp, then elbowed the face of my assassin causing them to drop the gun. I grabbed the gun and swiftly turned around pointing it at Gabe's head. 

Wait...Gabe?

"Morning sweetheart," he said clutching onto his jaw, attempting to smile.

I put the safety on the gun and chucked it at him, "Stupid, stupid idea Gabriel," I said staring daggers into him.

"Hey, I'm just making sure you're prepared for these things," he said raising his hands in surrender.

I scoffed walking towards where the sweet smell of coffee is coming from when all of a sudden two big mugs get shoved into my face. 

"Coffee?" Both Theo and Rome said offering me a mug each. I looked between them confused, why didn't they just make me one mug?

"Are you kidding me, I said I was making her one," Rome said glaring at Theo.

"Dude I was already making her one when you said that," Theo replied.

"So yours is probably cold by now," Rome says with a faint smile on his lips.

"It is not!"

"Hmm, it definitely is."

"Try it, it's still hot."

"Doubt it." 

I continue to stare between the two boys then looked behind them to see Robin sipping her cup of tea so I decided to make my way towards her. I poured my own mug of coffee leaving the two boys to continue their childish little argument. 

"If they keep arguing throughout this whole mission, I will end up killing one of them," I said standing next to Robin. 

"They're sooo into you," Robin replies nudging me.

I rolled my eyes, "please, like anyone is capable of liking me, I'm a nightmare."

"Deny it all you want, I see the ways they look at you."

I turned myself so I was facing her, "like how Gabe looks at you?" I asked smirking. 

Heat suddenly rushes to her cheeks causing her to turn away, "He doesn't even look at me in any special way."

I nodded still smirking, "Mhmm, whatever you say Rob."

I pulled out a knife from the inside of my sleeve and chucked it in the direction of the two boys arguing, it wedges itself in the wall behind them - a few centimetres from their heads. 

"Gear up, we're leaving in ten." 

"Where to?" Rome asked.

A smile appeared on my face, "Colombia."

Gabe's face paled, while Rob spits out her tea. However Theo and Roman had a smug grin on their faces quite similar to mine.