eight - we have company

"8 WHAT?" Robin screamed.

We were now in an apartment in the middle of Manhattan. I told Robin everything that has happened over the past week, from the Mafia to the bounty to the fight in the armoury.

"8 million Robin," Gabe groaned, "Do you suffer from Alzheimers?"

Robin raised an eyebrow and glared at him, "Why are you here again?"

Gabe stuck his tongue out like a toddler and Robin just flips him off. 

"So how did you guys meet?" Roman asked referring to Robin and I.

I looked at Robin who was rolling on the carpet with Gabe in a headlock. "Long story short, we trained and worked together for a while," I said.

"Oh cool, so what's her specialty?"

"Swordsmanship, she likes to use swords and knives but don't underestimate her she fights like a ninja. Stealth and deadly." I said looking over at Zara who now has Gabe pinned to the floor with his arm twisted behind his back.

"But why do you call her Robin?" Roman asked.

I was about to answer until Robin appeared making her way towards me, "because I was given a BoStaff from my father which looks a bit like Robin Cowl's BoStaff," She said.

"It looks exactly like his and if you see her in action, she fights just like him too." I claimed.

Roman smiled, "Cool and what about you little red?"

"Me?" I asked and he nodded.

Easy..I'm a Monster.

"Come on pretty boy, you and your minions have an open investigation for me for the past 4 years now, I'm sure you know everything about me." I smirked.

Roman shook his head, "I don't actually, I was never put on your case. I was working with human trafficking cases."

"Your people see her as their enemy but you have no idea how much she's done for this world, she bought peace and justice but because of the mistakes she's made in the past none of you see that." Robin said giving my hand a squeeze. "Hell, you guys didn't even try to find her when she went missin-" 

I quickly put my hand over her mouth preventing her from finishing that sentence. 

"What did you say?" Roman asked, his eyebrows were scrunched up at the center.

"She said she was tired and wants to take a nap." I smiled innocently before walking her out of the room with my hand still on her mouth.

Once we were in her room I took my hand off her mouth, "What the hell Hope?"

"Hope...I haven't heard someone call me that in so long." I said to no one in particular.

She smiled at me, "You're always my hope." 

I smiled back, "I'm really sorry about before, its just..."

"You haven't told him.." She said.

I nodded my head, "He won't understand, I don't want him to think I'm a monster."

"Listen to me Hope, you are not a monster. I see how he looks at you and he will not think you're a monster, he'll understand trust me." She help my hand in hers.

"I'll tell him soon," I said, "Right now we have a bigger problem."

She sighed, "I had a feeling you weren't here for a visit."

"We're going back to finish him," I said.

Robin shook her head, "Are you crazy? You barely made it out alive last time."

I squeezed her hand, "Robin he's willing to trade 8 million for my head, I'm done running. He's going to get what he deserves...for what he did to us." I pointed behind her neck where a tattoo was.

Her eyes had glazed over but she didn't let a tear drop, "So when are we leaving?"

I smirked, "Tonight, we get a flight to Chicago to pick up one more person."

She smirked back, "It's going to be a hell of a reunion."

All of a sudden Gabe comes falling through the door, "Eh..sorry to interrupt but we have company."

I shared a confused look with Robin then rushed to the living room, Gabe pointed at the window and I went over to look at what was going on. Downstairs the roads were all blocked off as black SUVs and Vans filled the street. Men dressed in army green with the letters SWAT across their chest came piling out the SUVs, with guns and helmets.

"Swat team," I said looking at Robin. 

"CIA?" She asked whilst glaring at Roman.

"No it's the feds," I responded whilst getting a 9mm handgun out of my bag and two smoke grenades.

"I can't let them see me, they'll think I'm a traitor. I need to get out of here." Roman said pacing in the living room.

I pulled out my phone to text Xanders, "Actually...you all need to get out of here." 

Gabe looked at me, "Actually...we all have to get out of here." He said mocking my tone.

"No Gabe I'll hold them off whilst you all exit through the back. Xanders got the traffic cameras down but only for 15 minutes so you need to GO." I said handing him the bags. "Robin you know where to go, wait for me there." She nodded in response, gathering her weapons into a bag. "Oh, and you don't happen to still have that motorcycle do you?" I smiled.

She got up and walked over to the cabinet by the door and pulled out a set of keys throwing them to me. "It's out back already, a single scratch and you're dead," She warned. 

"Yes Ma'am," I smirked.

They gathered all the bags together and made a run for the door, Roman stopped at the door and looked back at me for a brief second before walking out the door. Once they were all out of the apartment, I put the gun in my waste band and put my ear piece in. 

"Xanders, you hear me?"

"Loud and clear. You got them out of there yet?" Xander's voice beamed through my ear.

"Yep they're gone, you have access to the surveillance or not?" 

"Of course, which floor are you on?"

"I'm on the seventh floor."

"Alright you got 4 coming your way in about 10 seconds." 

"Copy that." I smirked. 

Let's get this party started.