three - sweetheart

I've seen darkness before, the kind that makes our streets like an old fashioned photograph, everything a shade of grey. This isn't like that. This is the darkness that robs you of your best sense and replaces it with a paralysing fear. In this darkness I sit, muscles cramped and unable to move. I only know my eyes are still there because I can feel myself blink. The only thing I could hear was my rapid heartbeat.

"LeToya."

I threw my head up at the noise. Where was it coming from?

"Why didn't you save her?"

I knew exactly what he was talking about, "N..No..No," I shook my head. "I tried I really tried, I couldn't stop him."

"She died because of you, you KILLED her."

"N..n..n..no...no..Please I didn't kill her, I would've done anything for her." Hot tears ran down my face.

"You were weak, you were scared, you were never good enough, SHE DIED BECAUSE OF YOU, She cried for you to come save her but you never did."

Visions of her in agonising pain flashed through my mind. "NOO...NOO Please stop...please."

My eyes suddenly snapped open and my whole body jerked forward so I was now sitting upright on my bed, covered in a cold sweat, shaking. I tried to control my breathing taking deep breaths in but my lungs weren't cooperating. I slowly started counting my fingers which help slightly.

Another night terror.

Cautiously I got out of bed, still shaking I made my way to the balcony opening the sliding doors, allowing the cold air to hit my skin, then rested my elbows on the balustrade and stared into the pitch-black sky showered in stars.

"I'm so sorry Sorella."

I didn't know how long I stood there for, hours I'm guessing since the sun had risen. I took that as my queue to get in the shower, hopefully it'll wash away some of the adrenaline that was rushing through my veins. I got dressed in a black T-shirt, high waisted jeans and black combat boots, and placed a gun into the hoister on my thigh. Then, headed downstairs to make a pot of coffee.

Normally I would make breakfast for Pops but he didn't stay over last night, he went back to his lake house. At first, I was against the whole idea of him living on his own but he insisted on it since he 'didn't want to rely on me all the time.' I told him he could but he had to take three of my men with him for protection, he hesitated but I think he grew to like the idea because they kept him company.

My pulse was rising at the sound banging on my front door, I slowly put my mug of coffee down not making a single sound and pulled my gun out of its hoister. Taking the safety off, I tiptoed towards the noise, slowly opened the door and stood behind it making sure our 'guest' couldn't see me. Then I hear the sound of bags or something heavy being dropped onto the ground.

"Sweetheart, I'm home..."

I slammed the door shut and glared at the intruder looking into a pair of familiar hazel eyes, "Morning Princess." I chirped.

Gabe jumped seeing me standing behind him, his eyes travelled from my face to my shoulder to my right hand, I followed his gaze to see him staring at my gun. I shrugged it off placing it back into the hoister.

He flashed me his famous grin and I threw my arms around him almost tackling him to the floor, he squeezed me back tighter. I then dragged him into the kitchen and poured him a mug of coffee.

"How was the flight?" I asked handing him a big mug.

He took a sip and replied, "Mm was okay, you know I hate flying."

I smiled to myself remembering the time when we had to jump out of a helicopter and it took him almost 15 minutes to finally jump and once he landed on the ground he blacked out completely, I had to drag his sorry ass out of the field and into safety.

"Where's Papa by the way?"

"He's at the lake house with Toni, David and Carlson," I muttered.

He smirked at me, a playful smirk that was dangerous on Gabe's face. "You have no idea how much I miss messing with Toni."

I raise an eyebrow at him, "You better behave, Gabe, it took him all his willpower last time not to shoot you."

Gabe shook his head laughing until his tone changed, the playful smile was gone too, "We really need to talk LeToya."

Sensing the worry in his voice I tilted my head to the side folding my arms across my chest, "I know, I got the text." I muttered, rolling my shoulders back. "What is it?"

He took a deep breath. "Someone's put out a bounty for your head," he took out his phone and handed it to me. I took the device into my hand and instantly my eyebrows scrunched up at the center of my forehead as I read through it.

Name: LeToya De Rosa 

Appearance: Deep red hair, green eyes, tan/ brown skin, 5 ft 4.

Location: Unknown, last spotted in Russia, Moscow.

Past experiences: Spent her early teenage years street fighting, served 5 years in The Marines Corp, rumoured to have connections with the underworld.

Been on the CIA's radar for the past 4 years, can't be trusted, highly skilled and dangerous.

I licked my dry lips, then looked at the boy warily, "How much?"

Gabe shifted his gaze to the ground before muttering, "Otto."

I frowned, "Only 8 Grand huh? They really know how to hurt my feelings." I cooed sarcastically placing a hand over my heart.

Gabe however was unamused, "No sweetheart, 8 million."

I couldn't help the smirk that was forming on my lips, "that's more like it."