eleven - Colombia

Once I loosened my grip from the tall bulky man he places me down carefully.

"God I miss you," he said looking down at me.

"Feelings mutual big guy," I said smiling at him.

Robin cleared her throat behind me which caused him to shift his gaze behind me. "I should have known you would be involved in this too," he said walking towards Robin. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked folding her arms across her chest. The man however doesn't reply but instead ruffles her hair playfully. I made my way back over to Gabe and Roman. 

"Roman Santoro," I gestured to Rome, "this is Theo Grey," I gestured to Theo. "Theo this is Roman Santoro, Gabe's brother."

Theo Grey, my partner in crime. It has always been Leti and Theo for as long as I can remember. I met him in the Marines, he fought by my side for many years. If I had to follow someone blind, I would follow him.

Theo looked at Roman from head to toe analysing every detail and I noticed Roman doing the same thing. Without warning, Theo pulls out his gun raising it at Roman. Instantly Gabe grabs his own gun pointing it at Theo. "Darling step away from him right now," Theo commanded to me without taking his eyes off Rome. 

"Theo put the bastard gun down before you do something stupid," I said rolling my eyes, "You too." I pointed at Gabe.

"You know he's CIA right?" Theo spat glaring at me.

"Yes of course I know he's CIA, he's helping us. Don't worry about it." I shrugged walking away but Theo grabs my wrist and spins me around.

"After everything they put you through, you're allowing him to help us. They left you out there to die, you were in the hospital for months when you got back and you were lucky you made it out alive," Theo's voice was stern and authoritive.

I looked at the ground not sure of what to say, the whole room went still. It was like time had stopped. "What's he talking about?" Roman asked breaking the silence.

I opened my mouth to reply but Theo beats me to it, "Don't act like you don't know, you know exactly what I'm talking about." 

"I don't actually so stop assuming I do." 

Theo took another step towards him but before he could do anything I stepped in between the two pushing them away from each other, "Rob can you fill Theo in on everything please." I said looking at Robin for help. She looked at me and nodded taking an irritated Theo to the other side of the room.

I spun around to face Roman, "We need to talk," we both said at the same time.

"Well, I'm going to find some food," Gabe said walking away.

Rome and I were both sat down on a bench in silence, "So...you really don't know what happened?" I asked

He shook his head, "I didn't even know what you guys were on about, is it the CIA that you have a problem with or is it me?"

I wanted to laugh at how vulnerable he sounded but I stopped myself,  "CIA."

He raised his eyebrows in confusion, "why?"

I let out a sigh, asking myself why I'm even explaining this to him in the first place.

"I was scouted out of the Marines to join the CIA, at first I loved it. Every mission was different and some were more challenging than others but I soon realised I didn't belong there no one was keen on the idea of me joining. I was good at my job, that was another reason why the other agents despised me. After about a year, We were sent to Colombia to take down this drug cartel, the person who was in charge was... involved in the Latin Kings. He knew we were coming, someone leaked that information. We didn't even make it out of the airport before we got ambushed." I paused realising that he took my hand into his and was holding it tightly. "They locked us up in their cellar, tortured us every day, starved us. We waited months for someone to come, but CIA didn't come." I blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall.

"And then I lost my partner. They killed her and framed me. CIA didn't come looking for me because they didn't care if I was dead or alive. You know they say that they treat agents like family but I was never a part of that family. I was sold to the Russians soon after they figured out I wouldn't talk." I looked up at him with anger and hurt in my eyes, but all I could see was how sorry he felt for me and I hated it. I didn't need his pity, I just needed him to understand. I got up ready to walk away but he pulls me back down. 

He cupped my face and turned it so I was looking at him, "I'm so sorry L, you didn't deserve that," he said looking at me. "You're a survivor you know that?"

I nodded with a tight-lipped smile, then rose from the bench. I wasn't angry at him, I really wasn't. I just didn't want him ending up where I was, that agency is corrupt, they're just as bad as those criminals lurking the streets.

"So you and Theo..." He dragged shifting his gaze from me to Theo who was eyeing us from the other side of the room. "Are yous two.."

I couldn't help but chuckle at what he was implying, "I don't really have time for relationships, we're just good friends."

Slowly I started walking away, but not before I heard him mutter. "Good to know."