four - CIA?

Gabe stared at me for what felt like 15 minutes, "Look I could be wrong here but I assume that's why the Italian Mafias are out to get you Leti and the fact that they actually found you is worrying."

"What I want to know is who put the bounty out there in the first place?" I muttered lost in thought.

"Well considering you've pissed off a lot of people, I don't even know where to start."

I stood up and started walking out of the kitchen, "I'm going to have Xander's try and trace where that encryption came from, you mind if I borrow your phone for a sec." Gabe nodded his head in approval.

Xander Martins, 19 years old, a tech genius, I found him sleeping in an alleyway one night, he was neglected by his parents who are now in jail for child abuse and possession of drugs so I instead hired him to work for me and he enjoys every minute of it.

I nodded my head at him "Xanders."

"Hey L, what can I do for you?"

I scoffed, "why do you always assume I want something, I could just be checking up on you?"

He raised an eyebrow in disbelief causing me to shake my head at him and chuckle, "I need you to trace this encryption back to where it came from." I handed him Gabe's phone which he plugged into his laptop, I watched over his shoulders as his fingers danced over the keyboard in a steady rhythm.

Without taking his eyes off the laptop he began to speak, "Damn, whoever is behind this...does not want to be found." He went into his bag and got out another laptop setting it on his desk before typing away again. "Put your earpiece in and give me an hour, I'll radio you."

With that said I patted his back and walked out of the room. I went searching for Gabe but he was no longer in the kitchen so I took a stroll upstairs hoping to find him in the guest room.

On my way there I noticed how the door to the armoury was left ajar, out of habit my gun was already in my hand, holding it down by my side. I tried to listen for any movements but nothing. It was silent. Did Gabe leave it open by accident? I asked myself. Still unsure of who could be inside I nudged the door with my foot causing it to creak open a little further. Cautiously, I took a step into the room with the gun outstretched in front of me, until suddenly I felt someone kick my hand sending the gun flying. My head turned to where the movement came from and stood there was a tall, dark-haired man who happens to have the same set of freckles as Gabe, he had the facial features of an Italian man but I wasn't sure, his eyes were like the ocean and his body was well built compared to my small frame.

On pure reflexes, I kicked his knee making him stumble back then punched him in the face. I went to reach for my gun but I felt his grip on my ankles as he pulled me under. I rolled back onto my feet again then ran towards him throwing my whole body downwards whilst wrapping my legs around his neck bringing him down with me, I grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back. Swiftly he flips me over him causing me to land on my back then flipped himself over my body so he was now straddling me. His fist came flying towards me and I flinched as it made contact with my cheek. "Let me guess...CIA?" I croaked whilst flipping us both over so I was now on top. I sent my fist into his face as his lips tucked upwards at the corners, "Yes Ma'am." I tried to throw another hit at him but he caught my fist and twisted my hand, causing me to whimper as I kneed him in the stomach.

Now we were both attacking each other hit after hit, one would defend whilst the other attacked. The taste of metal filled my mouth and I started coughing after taking several hits to the stomach. We were both bruised and bloody. I tapped my earpiece remembering I had it in, "X..Xanders" I coughed clutching my stomach. 

"What's wrong L, you okay?" I heard Xander's voice laced with concern. 

"Armoury..back up...now." I croaked out whilst trying to dodge his jabs. I could tell he was getting tired so with all the strength I had left I roundhouse kicked him and watched as he crumbled to the floor. I quickly crawled over to my gun and picked it up. By the time I spun around he was on his feet again with his own firearm aimed straight at my head. For a minute we just stood and looked at eachother, we both had the power to end eachother's lives there and then but neither of us did. 

"You had a gun this whole time?" I asked in disbelief. 

"I only use it if necessa-" I cut him off by kicking his gun out of his hand making it fall at the other side of the room.

"Oops." I shrugged pointing my own gun in between his blue eyes, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you right now pretty boy."

He looked at me with a devilish smirk and nodded his head at the door, I glared at him until I heard a voice behind me, "because sweetheart, he's my brother," I turned my head towards the door where Gabe stood with the same smirk plastered on his face and behind him stood my men and Xanders with their mouths gaped open.