seventeen - do it

Mongolia, 9:02.a.m. (borders of Russia)

"Ana." I said pulling out a chair to sit down at a table for two.

Anastasia Markov, Russian spy. She sat in front of me, icy blue eyes, and her perfectly sculpted face. At first glance, you'd think she was a model but she's far from that. She could take down a whole Mafia if she wanted to.

She lifted her eyes from the newspaper, "I liked the red better."

"I'm basically a walking bank account hun, dying my hair was a necessity not a choice," I replied.

"I guess you look hot in with black hair too." She said folding up her newspaper and laying it on the table.

I shook my head smiling, "Lay it all out babe, what's going on?"

"Few houses are still hunting you down but a lot of people respect you around here so others just turn a blind eye to the bounty. You've been moving around quite a lot over these past few weeks which is very smart I must admit, it's been hard finding anything on you." She paused taking a drink from her cup of black tea, I nodded for her to go on.

"However, stupid idea going to that ball. The Russian Mob were there and words spread like wildfire. You obviously know he's not going to stop until he gets you and Zara. Three houses, you were trained in one of them and you know how they work Natalie. You're going to need an army to take them down." She finished.

"So what are you suggesting I do Ana, I don't have many choices right now." I retorted.

"I suggest you dig up something, search for a weakness. Don't worry about the Petrov house, my team is raiding the place down tonight. The Ivanov house is weak - their assassins are young and aren't trained to their best abilities. But the last house..the Red Room," she paused again studying my emotionless face. "There bodies are higher than ever, I've never seen anything like it." 

"I appreciate everything you do for me Ana and I'm sorry this commotion has been bought to your country and your home. I will put an end to this." I pressed my lips into a fine line.

"We have an alliance, you would do the same for me." She replied squeezing my hand.

"Without a doubt," I uttered throwing a few bills on the table.

***

10:45 p.m.

Xanders: Be there in five, make sure you're ready.

LeToya: Thanks, Dad.

I closed my eyes and inhaled the cold fresh air on the roof of the apartment complex with that familiar feeling of adrenalin pumping through my vein. I could hear faint footsteps of someone climbing up the fire escape and onto the roof.

"You alright sweetheart?" Gabe's hand brushed my shoulder as I nodded a reply.

They were all dressed in tight black clothes, Theo had an Ak-47 hanging on a strap across his chest, Gabe stood with two handguns tucked in his waistband and Zara had a sword in a case attached to her waist and her Bo'staff in her hand.

"Where Roman?" I asked glancing behind Gabe.

"He got called to headquarters for a case sweetheart, he said he'll get back when he can," Gabe replied.

"Yeh whatever, I don't care," I mumbled whilst Robin scoffed.

The wind suddenly picked up, as a helicopter came into view, The helicopter was a Eurocopter EC120 Colibri, one of the quietest in the world. It swung around over us, its blades beating the air. A ladder came tumbling down from the side door of the chopper.

"Get in losers, we're going shopping," Xanders shouted down from the pilot seat.

I mentally slapped myself for asking him to fly the Eurocopter whilst climbing up the ladder with my duffel bag handing on my shoulder.

"I've got them Toni," Xanders spoke into his headset. "Russia inbound."

Few hours had past and we were almost where we wanted to be, small conversations were made but everyone was on edge. You could tell I was by the small movement of my knee bouncing up and down.

"5 mins, gear up," Xanders called over his shoulder causing me to bolt upright sitting straight. 

"Do we need to go over the plan one more time or-"

"We went over it 5 times already L," Gabe said cutting me off mid-sentence.

"Alright," I said raising my hands in surrender, "Don't get your panties in a twist princess."

The helicopter was now hovering over a large red stone building - The Ivanov Assassin house, four black ropes tumbled down from the helicopter, two on each side of the helicopter. I grabbed the duffel bang throwing it over my shoulder and grabbing the top end of a rope watching the others do the same.

"Take care everyone, I'll circle round," Xanders said pointing at each one of us.

I gave him a quick nod before sliding down the rope until my feet touched the roof of the building. I reached inside the bag for two rectangular-shaped boxes, handing one to Gabe and one to Robin. "Let's blow this popsicle stand," I whispered with a smile tugging on my lips.

"See you on the other side," Gabe whispered causing everyone to roll their eyes. It didn't take long for Theo to open the vent on the roof, we crawled through following the route we planned last night. Whilst the other two followed a different route.

We dropped into the kitchen which is located on the second floor, I grabbed an M16 from the bag switching the laser on that was attached to the gun. Quickly I pushed Theo into the wall as footsteps approached us, the footsteps got louder until I moved from behind the wall slamming the bottom of my gun into the victims face. 

"Seriously Jake? Was beating me up this morning not enough," She said in an annoyed tone clutching her face.

I lifted my gun pressing it against her forehead, just as I was about to pull the trigger. She looked up meeting my eyes, her brown pupils held pain and sorrow but a tiny part of that pain held hope - so small that you could've missed it at first glance.

"Do it," She demanded holding the muzzle of the gun to her head. "Just do it quick," she said closing her eyes as her bottom lip trembled.

Why are you freezing up? Just pull the fucking trigger. But I couldn't, a strong sense of guilt washed through me.

I looked down at the girl who reminded me so much of myself, the evidence of pain in her eyes and the scaring down her arms, her dark hair was kept short just touching her shoulders. But what made my skin crawl was the marking on her shoulder, the same one Zara and I had at the back of our necks. 

My heart ached as I removed the gun from her grip, kneeling down beside her I wiped the tears from her face. "Change of plans," I whispered knowing fine well everyone could hear me through the earpiece.

Let me know if you're liking it so far. Thank you for reading and remember to vote XX