twenty four - you did what?

Four weeks had passed since the team broke the news to Natasha. She showed no signs of remembering anything, she was still persistent in going back to Russia to complete her missions. 

It was last week when Roman attacked her in the armoury hoping she would get some sort of flashback but all he received was a black eye and a bloody nose. She had become faster and stronger than her previous self. It was like her body and mind were abnormally enhanced, to the point where they started questioning what the Soviets really did to her.

As Natasha stood in front of her bathroom mirror, she was different. Everything was different and it's going to take her some time to adjust and adapt to this new lifestyle. In her hand she held a box of red hair dye, it's a good place to start - she thought. Her identity was taken from her and she's taking it back.

Tonight there was a ball, a mafia ball in Sicily and like every other year, the Diavolo was invited to keep the peace between the different organisations. She couldn't recognise the girl that was looking back at her. Red long hair, vibrant green eyes and a long fitted black gown with a slit that ran from her right thigh all the way down. 

"You look stunning, bambina," Papa said as she made her way down the stairs, she returned his compliment with a small smile. It made sense that she understood Italian, it was that one language she could never forget.

She shifted her gaze from Pops to Robin who was standing with a grin on her face. 

"Ready?" Robin questioned gesturing her towards the car.

***

"Director?"

"Yes, come on in." The Director of the CIA spoke whilst sitting behind a desk full of paperwork, his glasses had slid down the bridge of his nose and his tie was loosely hanging from his collar.

"Sir, it's about Agent 08."

That was all it took for the young man to have the Director's full attention. He stopped what he was doing and nodded at the agent to continue.

"We believe she is in fact still alive," He handed the man a file. "She goes by the name Natasha Romanoff in the Russian database, and it appears she's working as an agent for the KGB."

To say that the director was intrigued was an understatement, he knew she had previous interactions with the Russians but to be working for them, made her even more dangerous. "Is she still in Russia?"

"No sir, we got intel that she'll be at the mafia ball in Sicily tonight." The Director mused over the information, if she was in the United States, they had the right to intervene but was that really the best choice?

"Great, send my best agents there to keep an eye on her but don't make contact just observe. If she's working for the KGB we can't risk getting involved."

"Right away Director Miller."

***

It wasn't just a regular ball. It was the Italian annual ball, every mafia association around the world is invited.

This year she was sat at the bar with a glass of champagne enjoying her own presence, the music and couples dancing around her. She could only pray that nothing went wrong this year.

Beside her came a young man who ordered a whiskey from the bartender. She could feel his presence but her posture didn't change she remained facing forward, "We weren't supposed to meet again." She uttered bringing the champagne glass to her lips.

"Couldn't stay away, could I? Although I almost didn't recognise you with red hair." He replied studying the side of her face.

"I thought killing your father would've kept you away from me."